Guitar Help

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hippie23, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Well to make this as short as possible, I recently got a guitar built for me. Not from scratch but various Fender parts. I got EMG Dg-20 pickups and they are buzzing more than I thought that they would. Could there be a wiring problem?

2. Is your pickguard shielded?

3. I'm talking to you

4. I'm really sorry, my computer has been acting up lately (yay for vista). Um, I do not think so, so I should probably have that done or do it myself huh?

Please excuse my ignorance, I can play but that is about it. :p

5. Them DGs are touchy man, gotta get *everything* set up just perfect. I'd check to see if your guard is shielded, like 'Dog said first though, before you you investigate the rest of that beautiful wiring...

6. #6 kamikazikillah, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    Get some copper shielding tape and just tape the cavities and the pickguard where the wiring is.

EDIT: also, does the buzz change frequencies when you touch different metal parts of the guitar like the strings and bridge? could be its grounded improperly. Make sure its grounded to the real spring plate or under the bridge