Guilty Concsience

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by l.xgv.n, Jul 24, 2017.

1. I swear, for pretty much everything I do, my mind somehow finds a connection to make me feel guilty about it. It's to the point where I will cry at least once per day; it could be first thing in the morning, or late at night when I finally try and rest. Medical Mary Jane sometimes helps, but other times I just end up crying while high. Any ideas to help me wrap my fucking head around this bullshit would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Spend some time with a quality therapist? They can give a lot of people a lot of help. After all, they're trained professionals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. talking with a therapist and maybe starting some antidepressants might help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Is there anyone else who could, without your conscious realizing it, be poisoning your environment?

People, for some fucking reason, are big triggers, in my life, for how I feel about myself.

Make sure you're not surrounded by assholes, and then go talk to someone. Self-awareness is a lifesaver.

Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you for the advice. I've actually ditched a sour friend group about two months back and now I've surrounded myself with better people and will continue to eliminate the bad ones. Again, thank you so much for your comment

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I've studied parental guilt for about 4-5 years now, as well as guilt more rooted in anxiety than anything.

Guilt is a very underestimated thing that is not talked about enough. Example: I live in Canada, where we have an idea called "Multi-Culturalism" rooted in our society. Multiculturalism basically says that other cultures come to our country and do not have to conform to our countries culture; the problem, is that Canada's culture, becomes heavily obscured by cultures that are not of Canada. Basically, what happens is that we feel bad for these people who live in 3rd world countries, so we say, "Come live in our country!". The question that needs to be asked, is should we feel bad for these people?

Ultimately, what happens with multiculturalism, is that we actually end up stripping these 3rd world countries of their brightest minds, but also their dumbest minds.. We literally have people in Canada that cannot speak English, but as well, cannot even speak their own native tongue. Back to these bright minds we steal, we end up putting these countries at a disadvantage, because we offer these bright minds a place, outside of the 3rd world country.

Effectively, multiculturalism is a function of the guilt that we Canadians feel for living so well. Canada's culture is literally built upon guilt and the worst part of all, is that in Canada, if I make mention of this fact, about guilt, I am deemed a racist. Nobody talks about it. This is the problem with a lot of the guilt in the world, it is obscured by illogical emotions that do not belong in the conversation, but instead are actually allowed to dictate the context of the conversation. Crazy shit man.

7. Wisdom beyond my years, thank you

8. do you exercise?

9. Not an intense workout person but I do try and go bouldering every day

10. Get a dog if you can, they are therapy beasts and mankind's best friend!

11. Don't ever forget that you are innocent until proven guilty.

12. Forgive yourself and accept yourself. When I feel guilty about something, I just think/say "I'm sorry, but that's just the person I am" then move on. If the guilt comes back, I forgive myself again and kind of shut myself up. The one thing that'll make it worse is just dwelling on it constantly. When you really get to a place of totally accepting yourself you'll start to only feel guilty when you've done something that was really out-of-character.. and you'll be able to forgive yourself for that too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk