guide me

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by armyabe, Nov 20, 2009.

1. i would like to have 9 plants veging under 400w MH and 18 under flowering under 2 400watt HPS. routating 9 plants every 4 weeks. having clones elsewhere. would this work? and what should my room demensions be?

also what is the double sided plastic sheeting called that is white on one side and black on the other.

2. BUMP
    really why would"nt anyone respond

3. it is called black & white poly. you can also use mylar which is a type reflective material.

as for your dimensions, I can't really help you out. Judge based on how much space you have available, and 9 plants seems a bit much for only 1 400w MH. I only grow 2-3 at a time though, so i cant really speculate.

4. that's right b&w poly or panda film.
    with 400w 3'x3' ideally, i have 4'x4' and that's pushing it.

lol ;) chetto

5. 12" pots x 9 is= 9 sqf
    2 flower lights = 18 sqf
    1 veg light= 27 sqf

i just want to insure that my dementions are correct routating them as needed

400watt can handle 9 square feet.

6. I haven't done one that big but it is possible. You may find as you go though that more light will be needed. The use of mylar or the black and white poly will help.

you will need atleast a room that is 6' x 6' (36 square feet). You will have to take into account blocking off the light from the veg room into the flower room, maybe a barrier and also walk room to get to each plant for watering, trimming, etc. Maybe even 9' x 4' (36 square feet). (9' x 3' would give you 27 square feet, just enough for the pots. if you do a 9 x 4 you will have a foot of walking space/separation space for flower/veg & a 3' x 3' space under each light.) I am not sure exactly what your working with but I hope this helps.