guidance needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by newbeee, Apr 21, 2003.

1. thanks man

2. tbh..I heard alot of bad things about topping

like the energy it takes to regrow the 2 grow things, takes just as much energy out of bud production.
    therfore making it pointless, as you get the same amount if not less of bud. I would stick with tieng it down, saves space, keeps light going to all the leaves, etc. And best of all doesnt take any energy away from the plant

3. so, the tieing thing is also done when the plant is about 8-12 inches or when the plant has at least 6 nodes right ? I guess I will go with the tieing ....cause I don't want this process to take to much time as I have to change the setup soon ..like maybe in two months. Do you tie the plant just below the top node and just hold it down or just pull it and make the plant bend a little bit while exposing the lower level nodes ... ?

Thanks

4. Yep, about 8-12" tie a string about 2 node from the top.
    I use cheap kite string, tie a soft knot on the plant, you might need to undo it if it starts cutting into the stalk as it grows, GENTLY bend over, just use common sense and you wont hurt your plant, I use small pieces of duct tape to hold the string to the outside of the potter. This way you can undo the duct tape and lower the plant more if needed.

5. Once again ..thanks Nikidog

6. Since your setup is a little warmer, just place cups of water in your setup, by your pot. The cups full of water with evaporate in to the air, thus more humiditiy, its a nice little trick that works great for me.

7. I had go looking for this thread....finally found it Yay

The Dude Abides !

8. HEy everyone , My plants are around 12 inches and with a lot of undergrowth as well. I changed the light to the HPS one now and raised the light so that will be around 18 inches from the tops of the plants. Is this right ? And Can I go ahead and put them on 12 / 12 now ? I did not want to train them or top because there is more undergrowth and with time those branches will produce bud too ....( i think ) ....Any advice ? Should I wait another week or two and then flower ?

The Dude Abides!

9. Is anyone around ? Can someone check my previous post and provide some info ?

The Dude Abides!

10. 18" yes
    12/12 yes
    wait another week, no

11. thanks NikiDog
    thet are going on 12/12 now

12. what wattage is the light.....at 18" you should have approx a 400w HPS?....is that right?........i trigger mine at 12", but it depends on how much room you have to flower and what timescale your on............Peace out..........Sid

13. Thanks Mr. Sid for jumping into offer some help to me. Plants were on a 18/6 but leading to the days that I turned the lights to 12/12 I gave them more light than darkness. Hope it helped produce more food for my babies. The light was a MH 400W but for flowering I changed the light to the HPS one ...it looks like a street light or something. All but one plant was a little less than 12 inches when I triggered flowering. The other one has now cought up. When I looked at the plants today they are smiling and playing around with each other. LOL I also have enought room for the four plants to get bushier if they so please. Thanks for all the help NikiDog and SID and all the other peeps who I cannot remember by name.

The Dude Abides!

14. More branches are popping out from everywhere ....Will post a pics soon.

The Dude Abides!

15. is this a male plant?

Attached Files:

• ed2.jpg
      ed2.jpg
      File size:
      31.6 KB
      Views:
  16. this is another view of the above posted plant. I killed this one. Can someone tell me whether my decision as to this being a male was correct or not ?

Attached Files:

17. yea it looks to me like a male plant.. balls everywhere.. females have hairs everywhere.. but im sure u know that. here is a pic of my bitch..

Attached Files:

18. then I guess I did the right thing pulling the fucker out. (Pardon my french ) Another one has balls and hairs ...I guess its a hermie ... Nice looking plant Secneek. Hey are those little hairs what people refer to as the trichomes or something ? I will post a pic of the hermie for u to see whether its really a hermie ..thanks man.

19. that first pic was hard to tell from.....it looked too blurry to tell, but if it had pollen sacks and was in fact a male....i hope you had it far away from any females?........and also the hermie has to be kept away from any 100% females or it will pollinate them, and you'll get seedy weed...............secneek, nice pic, looks like it's approx 6 weeks flowering?........Peace out.........Sid

20. yup 6 weeks... how much longer do u think i should wait to harvest?? and do u think i should flush it now?