Guess that deficiency!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ptown cin x, Mar 15, 2012.

1. So, I've recently moved into the country, riverside property, 5 acres.. sounds great right? Well, I am now dealing with well water instead of city. I haven't ever used a PPM or EC monitor in the past, never felt I've had to, but I think I'm having some serious hard water issues.. My pH is around 6.5, drops under 6 when I add my nutrients (I run the whole FoxFarm line + Advanced's Bud Candy, and the occasional tea). This has always been standard, but I really think there is something going on with my well water.

I'm just finishing up my first week of flower, and I have leaves that look like there is a deficiency of some sort.. potentially magnesium, but as I mentioned, I've never had any problems like this so I took some pictures and I'm hoping someone else out there has had similar encounters and can offer some advice..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

there is upward and downward curling of tips of some leaves, i'm just at a bit of a loss... any help would be great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 DRoPz, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    What part of the plant did those leaves come off? That can help cancel out some possibilities.
    Edit: my guess is calcium,iron, deficient.

3. the majority of the yellowing between viens is in the upper portion of the plant.. i've trellised and removed most of the underneath of the plant, but the browning occurs more on lower fan leaves, as for the yellowing/curling of tips there doesn't seem to be any sort of uniform distribution.. for any of it really..

4. Invest in a water softener, if you don't have one.(more than likely you do.) Look for a spring in your area get some milk jugs and stock up. This is what i use to have to do when we lived out in BFE, We still live out in BFE but we have city water here cause oil contaminated all the wells.