GuerillaNugget's 2012 Mountain Garden

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GuerillaNugget, Jun 23, 2012.

1. hey ervrybody, just thought id start a half assed grow journal for yall to review and hopefully enjoy... ill try to update with pics weekly but no promises. im a stoner, after all. been doing mostly guerilla grows since the mid nineties, small scale and large. I have 31 plants so far, may end up adding 3-4 more soon here. only 4 are in holes, about 3ft wide by 20in deep. almost all the rest are in 45 gal growbags. soil is ffof, roots 707 and some local organic mulch with steer and llama manure and perlite... my ultra sonja is in an 8-10gal hard pot.... ok, heres the list: from harborside are 4xatomic NL 2xjilly bean 3xspacequeen 4x chemdawg 4 2xblue dream 2xJV-86 1xpurple alien OG from a local clone pro came 4xGDP(one of the better cuts around, thats not Kens) and 2xsour diesel(sourest cut ever, ever, hands down)
    Also in the mix are my moms, germed Feb 7 '12 we have 2 different phenos of DNA's kandy kushxskunk 1 i call the wreck pheno and 1 ive dubbed the skush pheno... also 1xcheesy dick from big buddha 1xsoma mystery seed i think maybe amnesia haze 1xhillbilly hybrid(unknown genetics from my neighbor, its got a ton of purps. skunky and grows wild like few ive seen). Also another local creation a lavenderx super silver haze cross i call super lavender haze that i grew(poorly) last season... also 1xultra sonja is another one i traded a friend for, it has some cheese in it which may prove exciting..Lessee here, thats the roster for now...
    All the strains in the first paragraph are clones and came from darkheart, MO or Medicone via harborside in oakland, ca. This grow is 100% legal. Strains in the second paragraph are all from seed, the ultra sonja is the smallest and youngest.
    Late start on this journalso some more pics to follow

Attached Files:

2. So these first pics above...1 is self explanatory but id like to say that i like how this NL grows so far. branchy and robust, the clones are only now hitting their stride, picked em up on may 22nd and the first 17 went in on the 5th of june the other 7 on the 22nd after beefing up a bit more in 1gal pots...when i transplant i dust roots w/mycos and inoculate a day later with compost tea. pic 2 is 1 of my dna kandy kushxskunk moms, the skush pheno...skunk and kushy traits as compared to KKxS mom of the wreck pheno, but well get to that right now....pic 3 is the wreck pheno of the same strain, its glossier, lighter in color and grows taller, like the trainwreck it comes from in part... pic 4 shows the downhill view of the central portion of the garden. pic 5 is the ultra sonja from grindhouse seeds its australian in origin if im correctly remembering and is comprised of UK cheese X tang tang. its obviously the most sativa dominant pheno so may not be as cheesy as i was hoping for but we shall se now wont we? Hang out, ask questions and please answer some for my dumbass if/when i get stuck....
    Ill try yo make this grow the absolute pinnacle for my patients and those following....

3. nice plants...one day i dream to have a garden like yours

4. Just a few more shots of the girls.... Can anyone who has experience with GDP tell me a couple things? My cuts start out with very close dense branch growth at mid-stalk. this new growth takes forever to emerge and start to form vigorous lateral branching. Once the branching starts in earnest it seems that the top also starts to shoot up a bit faster. I topped all mine to promote more branching below so I cant be sure. Ive never grown GDP before, is this normal? Ive heard two different stories, one bein that this cut with the bushy close-nodal heavy interior growth early on is a garbage cut, and another version that says that this is the cut i want, super purps with big nasty yields of grapey goddamnthatsgood-ness... anybody out there know whose fulla shit or maybe have you seen this cut around the Sacto. Ca area or any o that jazz. GDP-pros help a crackah out, please. I know, i know, the pics could be better....

Attached Files:

5. hey kryptoh, thanks for the view and kind words..... ill get some pics of the bigger girls up close soon....just finished some dinafem sweet deep grapefruit and white siberian indoors too... when its done ill do a smoke report here and some pics.... come out to NorCal, weve got gardens like this every 5th house it seems....

6. Ive grown the mendo purps before but I guess its not much like the grandaddy purps...

7. ok, these pics are from the 7th, so almost a week ago....Xplosive growth since then...The only coupla weird things are a few leaf tips twisting on the Mystery Soma plant, slight overfeed/PH issue that hasnt slowed growth. Th main bitch-of-a-plant is the Ulttra Sonja. Its got some yellowing issues and has not really taken well to the soil blend its in. Not sure if its holding too much H2o or if i threw too much horse/bat poo in there at transplant. I think a bit of both. Please post up any comments or questions you may have..
    Peace and Love, Peace and Love.-Ringo Starr
    More pics to follow, stay tuned...

Attached Files:

8. #8 GuerillaNugget, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Ok, here we go...
    1st pic is cheesy dick approx 3ft widex 3ft tall
    2nd is a 2.5ftx2.5ft chem 4
    3rd is my middle jilly bean and my dog Ace, this jilly is 4ftx4.5ft the bigger one is 5x5 or so...
    4th is the smaller of my two JV-86's, about 2x2+ft... its a weird plant, doesnt have the look of being any kind of yielder but ill bet its fire...its an Oaksterdam Cup winner.
    The 5th shot is a macro with about 2/3 of the plants visible, that big one in the center of the shot was formerly the Hillbilly Hybrid but Im now going with Purple Skiesel for the name. If u could smell the skunk/diesel and i could take a good closeup of all its purple highlights for you youd see. It fits...
    Next is a spacequeen, the 2nd biggest-about 3x3ft, followed by one of this years faves, The Mysterious Soma Plant, from a Soma Salad Pack...
    any guesses as to the strain? Familiar enough with Somas gear to hazard a guess at what it could be?
    NO? Me either, but its going to be a yielder based on its structure and current size, 5.5 ft x4.5 ft.
    Finally a pic of my veggie plot, squash, 5 different tomatos, 3 types peppers, turnips, eggplant, strawberries, pole beans, couple different melons, couple different corn, chives, onions, basil, a metric fuckton of shit really. Also have 3 apple trees and a couple plums. Garden Gangsta rollin deep. NorCal, what.

Attached Files:

9. Nice job man your yard is beautiful :)

10. cordor, thanks for stopping by... Ive worked my ass off out there, glad you likey...
    On my way to check out ur grow now...

11. I have no good updates lately will have one in the next few days..

But I'm sure your hard work will pay off come fall time ;)

12. Well done it looks like fun I like your huge garden.

13. cordor, i looked around on ur grow a bit, wanna see some updated pics and descriptions, ill keep an eye on ur journal...i hope ur right, man... the amount of labor i put in just to clear my yard was monumental, the entire area was betweeen 3 and 8 vertical feet of solid brush and young trees. Not shitting you 5 burnpiles over the winter that were all at least the size of a goddamn van. Probably on the order of 2-3 thousand pounds of brush, and i feel thats being conservative,,, i could see the potential under all that tangled mess so i feel itll be worth it. My sunlight just gets better throughout late veg and into flower here, should be quite a show...

14. Thanks, GHG... its been fun, its always fun until the flowers plump and the paranoia sets in... Then the 2 mos. of processing w/a half dozen heads floppin on my couches and hash making and oil making and cannabutter brewing all day in the crock pot and on and on... this is the best part of any grow IMHO, the sit back and watch phase.
    I grew up in an area where theres a Gold Hill Road... You got any connection to that area? Ophir, Auburn or the Newc? Where u @ ?

15. Im near coloma in caliafornia

16. Shhiiit, we go camping up there every couple years.... Im actually pretty close to the Robbers Fire thats burning now... :( Nearest town is Colfax... Keepin my fingers crossed they get that shit under control. I DO NOT want to watch my crop go up in flames. the house, cars, whatever else can burn

I have insurance on all that stuff...:cool:

17. Just get ur sentamental stuff like pictures and put them in the car just in case.

18. Looking like you've got the land, sun, and green thumb on your side. Stay safe and happy growing. :wave:

19. Guru, thanks for the kind words, and the visit. Hope you stick around....

20. Incredible yard! Thanks for sharing.