Guerilla growing expert question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lacrossestar, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Okay so i got a few questions....

When i put the seeds into the ground should i put the slow release fert on it or wait till they get a lil bigger?

Would hair attract dogs?

How can i get more oxygen to the roots to make them grow faster or should i just leave the ground be and let them grow slowly?

I kind of want to just let them grow el naturel but if they get to big i plan on topping them and taking some clones to put in another location how long should i wait till i take clones?

If i put hair up should i put it kind of away from my plants so if it does draw dogs they dont find my plant?

I was thinking of getting a beer and putting it bury it up to the neck to kill slugs when i plant my plants is this a good idea or should i wait and see if i have slug problems?

If i am planting alot of seeds is it alright if i put them like a foot close?

Clumps of plants or one plant her another there?

How often do i need to check my plants?

If it doesnt rain for 4 days and have some rain say 2 days later 6days without water would that be fine?

When i cut down the males should i drag them away from the plants or can i just leave them there?

Should i plant right before or right after it rains?

Plan on planting in the month of March should i put mulch around the plants and is it alright to put it on when i plant my seeds? Or instead of mulch use just leaves and stuff?

When and if i need to water would it be best to water from the fridge and yes the water is filtered? Or should i still leave it out aday to get rid of some of the nasties?

How should i harvest it... like actually the process of taking the plants back to the home base?

Should i pluck some of the leaves off when its budding or should i just let it grow?

Fertilizer after or before rain?

Is there really any way to make the stem thicker without training?

Planting clones in the middle of the summer will they not get enough light because everything around them is larger (the weeds or should i just pluck them around the plant?)?

Will it make sprouting % better if i take a shovel and mix up the dirt a lil before i plant?

If i dont have much water on me and the plants look like they really need it should i just poor it on top or should i do it around the roots?

Is misting outside during veg even help and if so how often should i do it?

This is going to major grow and if these Q are answered it would be a big help!

2. wait till they get bigger

maybe

work the soil till its loamy in texture with soil conditioner

when you know its a female

yes

it will work to get rid of slugs

no

here and there

once every couple of weeks unless they get dried out, then sooner to water.

yes

drag'em

doesn't matter if the soil is moist

doesn't matter

seedlings don't need chlorine, bigger plants doesn't matter

Cut 'em down, and hide 'em best you can

let it grow

after

good root development and the genetics do that for you.

it won't work either way

most definately yes

roots

different opnions on this one, doesn't matter to me, to others definately yes.

Good Luck

3. >When i put the seeds into the ground should i put the slow release fert on it or wait till they get a lil bigger?

no just use orgaincs like compost manure and bone/blood meal. you can use that from the start just take it easy with the blood meal becasue it can burn them bone meal you cnat overfert because P you cant overdoes with and compost is mild to begin with manure just make sure its composted and aged.

>Would hair attract dogs?

???duno

>How can i get more oxygen to the roots to make them grow faster or should i just leave the ground be and let them grow slowly?

Airated soil with lots of pearlite and peat moss with good drainage.

>I kind of want to just let them grow el naturel but if they get to big i plan on topping them and taking some clones to put in another location how long should i wait till i take clones?

You can take cloes as soon as the cutttings are big enough but i would say wait till after week 6 of veg so you dont stress it into a male, im going to veg and sex indoors them bring the moms out and take cloes for the rest. I dont want to deal with any 6' males and potential seeds. males just waste your time and energy.

>If i put hair up should i put it kind of away from my plants so if it does draw dogs they dont find my plant?

sounds good to me.

>I was thinking of getting a beer and putting it bury it up to the neck to kill slugs when i plant my plants is this a good idea or should i wait and see if i have slug problems?

Dont use a botlle use a bowl, its a good idea because slugs usualy find ther way to your plants early in veg.

>If i am planting alot of seeds is it alright if i put them like a foot close?

No your better off spreading them out unless if your going to take cloes bing them indoors and sexhtem tehn cut down the males and train hte females that are cramped together to spread out more. Also bud molds is more likley to occur if the plants are too close. spreda the plants out about 2-4 feet apart depending on how early your planting.

>Clumps of plants or one plant her another there?

I would do individual plans with a bit of space between them for breathing,watering, and inspection.

>How often do i need to check my plants?

Once a month to once every 6 weeks in there in the ground.

>If it doesnt rain for 4 days and have some rain say 2 days later 6days without water would that be fine?

Yes, if there in the ground, foot down inth soil is almost alwasy moist enough after 3-4 weeks of no rain and high temps you should water.

When i cut down the males should i drag them away from the plants or can i just leave them there?

Bring them away and cover them with a bag brefore cutting down if close to pollination. My male i pulled when the balls were just forming 2 weeks into flower so i just threw it about 50 feet from my other female plant.

>Should i plant right before or right after it rains?

after

>Plan on planting in the month of March should i put mulch around the plants and is it alright to put it on when i plant my seeds? Or instead of mulch use just leaves and stuff?

Leaves work well as a mulch and blends in well. also theres leaves at teh plot so you dont need to bring anyting into your plot.

>When and if i need to water would it be best to water from the fridge and yes the water is filtered? Or should i still leave it out aday to get rid of some of the nasties?

I just use stream water if your going to bring house water to your plot its going to be allot of lugging water, if your growing in your yard your hose will do fine.

>How should i harvest it... like actually the process of taking .the plants back to the home base?

Cut or break off each branch at the main stem and put it in a garbage bag in a backpack. Leave all the leafs on so it protectes the buds from loosing reisn by touching the bag.

>Should i pluck some of the leaves off when its budding or should i just let it grow?

Let it grow but move, thin out my removin some of the blades or cut off leaves that are in the way of colas. if they are midning ther own buisness leave them alone

>Fertilizer after or before rain?

Fert once every other week or every 3rd week

>Is there really any way to make the stem thicker without training?

Dont worry, outdoor plants have thick stems because of the wind. But a bit of low stress training early in veg goes a long way keeping the plants short and icreases yeild allot.

>Planting clones in the middle of the summer will they not get enough light because everything around them is larger (the weeds or should i just pluck them around the plant?)?

Put the clones in fron of you largesr plants and more or remove any weeds that are in the way of your weed. but they will stretch if they are shadowed by some larger weeds and eventualy overgrow them.

>Will it make sprouting % better if i take a shovel and mix up the dirt a lil before i plant?

yes you should do hat and mix in some organic ferts, vremaculite of water retenision and lime for ph down.

>If i dont have much water on me and the plants look like they really need it should i just poor it on top or should i do it around the roots?

The plants only need water at the roots. Never water my pourin it over the plants.

>Is misting outside during veg even help and if so how often should i do it?

There is no purpose to misting it just gives you burnt spots on your leaves if done durring the day. If your plants are showung a nute deffeciency and the soil is wet and you dotn want to drwon the roots you can do a foilar feeding by spraying teh leaves top and bottom with 1/3 strength nutes. but do it at night or early in the morining before the suns out.