GTA-Wide Pot Bust :(

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by simon1111, Jan 26, 2007.

1. I was surffing the net and stumbled upon this in the news:(

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_7251.aspx
    Ten Arrested, Ten Sought In Huge GTA-Wide Pot Bust

Friday January 26, 2007
    They ran their drug empire like a business. In fact, they ran some of it from a business.
    That's what Toronto Police allege 20 suspects were up to, after they dismantled a major marijuana grow-op and distribution network that involved almost 40 homes in the G.T.A.
    Cops from the local force and the R.C.M.P., along with reps from Peel and York Police, all banded together to make the busts, which resulted in ten arrests this week. Ten others are still being sought and warrants have been issued for them.
    Authorities have been working on "Project O'Clone" for a while. The seeds of this marijuana bust first sprouted in early 2006, and took almost a year to conclude.
    Detectives were able to pinpoint locations that were being used as grow houses and say they also found two companies that were allegedly involved in distributing the pot and laundering the money from the sales of the illegal crop.
    Cops allege the owners and employees of Can Tech Inc., which is located on Finch Avenue East, and Can Tech Distribution on McAdam Drive in Mississauga were involved in the massive operation.
    Twenty-five pounds of marijuana were seized along with a large amount of Canadian and American money, computers and grow-op equipment.
    Most of those charged are facing trafficking and possession accusations, while a few are also looking at money laundering and even theft of electricity allegations.
    The number of addresses raided by cops reads like a real estate shopping guide and spans the entire city, a fact police say shows how widespread the problem of marijuana grow-ops really is in the GTA.
    The long list also includes the number of plants investigators allege they recovered at each location:

Albacore Crescent, 537 plants,
    Ashridge Drive, 463 plants,
    Bethany Leigh Drive, 297 plants,
    Bourbon Street, 378 plants,
    Bridley Drive, 281 plants,
    Darlingside Drive, 202 plants,
    Doerr Road, 200 plants,
    Dufferin Street, 1,117 plants,
    Dynamic Drive, 1,731 plants,
    Dynamic Drive, 1,538 plants,
    Fergus Avenue, 496 plants,
    Fieldside Drive, 339 plants,
    Finch Avenue East, 839 plants,
    Gennela Square, 264 plants,
    Gilroy Drive, 644 plants,
    Groveland Crescent, 337 plants,
    Hookwood Drive, 126 plants,
    Jacob Fisher Drive, 478 plants,
    Kennedy Road, 271 plants,
    Longsord Drive, 193 plants,
    Milner Avenue East, 2,669 plants,
    Mornelle Court, 42 plants,
    Newdawn Crescent, 510 plants,
    Oak Knolls Crescent, 331 plants,
    Olivewood Drive, 303 plants,
    Placentia Drive, 424 plants,
    Relroy Court, 1,007 plants,
    Romulus Drive, 398 plants,
    Rosebank Drive, 198 plants,
    Salem Avenue, 352 plants,
    Shepmore Terrace, 218 plants,
    Starspray Boulevard, 150 plants,
    Tambrook Drive, 682 plants,
    Tapscott Road, 1,202 plants,
    Tapscott Road, 1,598 plants,
    Thornmount Drive, 1,014 plants,
    Traders Boulevard, 914 plants,
    Wandering Trail, 148 plants,
    Wandering Trail, 1,871 plants.

Cops hope to have the remaining 10 suspects still at large in custody soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. my god....

that is terrible! I can't believe people still think the war on drugs is working.

Thanks for the post bro. Times may get rough for Toronto stoners.

3. Well that sucks to hear...I wonder how they found them?

4. Milner Avenue East, 2,669 plants... damn what a loss I share their grieving.

5. The author of the article should have changed this line:
    Authorities have been working on "Project O'Clone" for a while. The seeds of this marijuana bust first sprouted in early 2006, and took almost a year to conclude.
    to:
    Authorities have been working on "Project O'Clone" for a while. The seeds of this marijuana bust first sprouted in early 2006, and took almost a year to come to fruition.

6. i just shed a tear. that's a lot of plants

7. Oh...My...God

Thank god i picked up a half 0 last night because it might be pretty hard to find some bud around here now.:devious: