GTA Google Earth

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by UNAB0MB3R, Apr 13, 2012.

1. would be overdoing and way too complicated to recoup the money put into...

I mean are you gonna still buy GTA5 even it doesn't have your hometown..?
    Yes you will, so why would rockstar go through the trouble to of rendering trillions of building when they can focus on one city and make it flawless. Seems like a game that would be glitchy as all hell just due to the fact of how complicated it would be. Ive rather have them put every weapon and car known to mankind into the game personally, i just need more ways to blow shit up not more places. I could see someone blaming theyre mass crime spree on GTA:EARTH.

Good High:smoking: Idea though!!

2. When you're building something that big, you're going to lose out on quality, not necessarily if they have a big enough team but I doubt even Rockstar and Google together could really build something as large as this without lots of funding.

3. Outerra Anteworld Alpha Demo

Not really the same but landmarks are accurately placed. There aren't any buildings but it's an exact replica of earth before human creation and you can freely move about it.

4. If they have facial recognition software they should be able to come up with spacial recognition. A simple program the recognizes houses, doors, windows, buildings ect. Turn googles 2d shit into 3d automatically and use photo realistic images for graphics.

Even if they started out with 10 cities and had downloadable maps for 9.99 on PSN or XBL when they came out with new cities. They'd make a killing, and every new map they came out with would be like a brand new GTA.

5. #26 Thekidthatshigh, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
    They should just have a big list of major cities, then you just pick a familiar one..

6. GTA 4 pretty much was a copy of NYC, it as downscaled because you still can't fit all the information you want onto a disc.

7. The only problem would be making it 3D (like buildings, parks, water, etc.)

8. Start with it 2d then? Id mow down guarangas in my neighbourhood like no tomorrow! GTA1 was an awesome game.

I do think that a 3d GTA3 game would be easier than anticipated. Google have the world mapped in semi 3d already with typographical views in Google earth as well as views from "people perspective" with street view.

I am in no way involved with game development mind. Everything i say could be (and probably is) bollocks

9. Yeah who wouldn't want to kill that asshole who works down the street at the gas station in your own neighborhood. :rolleyes:

10. That would be so awesome. But it should be online. Everyone is online on the same server. And everyone would start off low and you'd get missions off the big dogs, work you way to the top.

That shit is the future of gaming.

11. [quote name='"GoldenGinge"']That would be so awesome. But it should be online. Everyone is online on the same server. And everyone would start off low and you'd get missions off the big dogs, work you way to the top.

That shit is the future of gaming.[/quote]

That is the greatest idea for a game ever!

12. the games called "go outside"

13. I genuinely had the exact same idea the other day. I don't think it would actually ever be possible but it would definitely be so legendary. Maybe the next step will use google earth planets?

14. [quote name='"metalplusweed"']the games called "go outside"[/quote]

I agree, lets all play "go outside: kill hookers, steal cars, and shoot at the police"!

15. Awwwwww yyyeaaahhh

16. I'd buy GTA new orleans

17. That would take wayyy too much....unless they picked a certain city. Or yo, it picks up your ip, and gives you the area in which you are in, if you move, your level (location) moves. Simple as that. Would be sick.

I may, or may not, be going into video game programming...this may, or may not :p, be a project of my future hahaha

18. More like yottabyte :cool:

I think this would be an awesome way to bring back the pancake mode. To make a actually 3D world would be sick too...With how good the graphics are already getting, game makers will have no problem recreating worlds.

19. A whole world game would take at least 5 years to make