GS's Northern Lights Feminized-No Nute-Soil-Tent Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grows&Smokes, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Looks like it's a party, I'm a couple days behind you myself on 12/12. What's your fllowring time supposed to bea around? Mine are 8-10 weeks.

2. Mine are straight-up Northern Lights...the usual 8-10 weeks flowering time. Most every plant I have ever grown has been ready in week 8-9....but I harvest early...I prefer clear/cloudy trichs..I chop at the first of amber.

3. They are lookin fabulous man. Seeing any fat calyx's yet?

4. Pretty early into 12/12 but my taller plant has produced quite a few nice, long, wiry stigmas...smaller plant is about 6 days behind in overall development and is only showing a few right now...Im going to post some pics tomorrow.

5. You grow some amazing plants. Just saw your LST technique pictures from your last grow. Beautiful. I use a similar technique but I 90 degree the main stem and then sort of bush out the side foliage in a similar manner as yourself. Hopefully I get a couple big ole Geodude lookin' plants like yours ;D. Pokemon reference!

6. #106 Grows&Smokes, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
    Thanks for that Wiz. Seems like I'm not doing my job if I don't up date with pics at least every 3 days so here are a few. Did some more pruning and LST on bigger plant and I am going to have to do some on the smaller plant pretty soon, It's starting to look like C3PO. Lots of nice new growth on both...Including pistols.... Day 13 Flower/47 overall.

Attached Files:

7. Trimmed smaller plant today, cut 12 fan leaves off..that will definitely help get more light to all the tops that were underneath...Counted somewhere in the neighborhood of 48 tops between both plants. :hello:

Attached Files:

8. I love the way the LST is on the smaller looking plant. Reminds me of an obelisk lol. I'm gonna trim mine tomorrow :D. Lookin' good.

9. Day 16 Flower. Hope the New Year is good to all.

Attached Files:

10. ForumRunner_20120102_011240.png

Day 17 flower...they are growing like weeds! Anyone can do this!!!

11. [quote name='"growsensmokes"'][​IMG]

Day 17 flower...they are growing like weeds! Anyone can do this!!![/quote]

Looks good. I have to look at other peoples grow right now to be happy. The 5 girls I moved into the closet after the chop have probably already been pollinated as well. Just thought about that....

12. you really have to explain this to me...Wow that plant looks amazing!

13. Damn bone, what do you plan on doing? Vacuum the room out? Hose it down? Not sure how long pollen can survive once the plant is gone...

14. #114 Grows&Smokes, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    I will do my best...maybe draw a pic/diagram once I get a chance in the next few days. Basically I just pull the tops down from under the bigger sun leaves and stake them into the soil. Once I do that they will grow back towards the light, I just keep pulling them back every time til eventually they are growing far enough from the canopy that they get straight light on them, nothing blocking the light. I also do a lot of pruning on the leaves that block out light...a lot of folks dont do that, but I do quite a bit.

15. Got it, but why is it supposedly bad to prune the leaves that block light?

16. #116 Grows&Smokes, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    Its not, but most people only trim a few because the leaves are so precious, they are what the plant uses to bring in light to power the plants growth. I trim a ton of leaves off but usually stop around week 5 of flowering. Everyone has their own beliefs and ways of doing things. I have read a lot of books and guides that tell you too never cut leaves off....but I just do my own thing....what works for me and my particular set-up.

17. See what I mean Zerostr8. If I were to prune someones plant like this they would probably want to beat the crap out of me LOL. I will most likely only have to do a little select pruning on this plant from here on out. Im probably going to wait a few days to do the other plant because I like to give them a heavy watering after a major pruning and she's still a bit damp for that right now. I don't know if you can see what I mean by staking the stems down to get them to grow straight out from the main stem and then take a U-turn and grow straight up...you can see in the last picture how each stem has multiple bud sites on them that will kinda just grow together to form 1 big bud at the end of the grow.

Attached Files:

18. You have some "killer" internode spacing. Grt job!! Have you ever thought about using fishing weights to LST. I use them to avoid placing a stick in the soil which disrupts the root system.

19. Yeah those are nice looking little christmas trees.

20. Never tried that, I think they are made of lead so not sure I would. The skewers I use are very thin so i dont mind sticking them in the soil...I think it helps airate the soil a little too.