GS's Northern Lights Feminized-No Nute-Soil-Tent Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grows&Smokes, Nov 17, 2011.

1. #1 Grows&Smokes, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    Hey GC, I have been spending a lot of time looking at other grows so I figured I would start my own Journal, Im going to go through this entire grow without adding any nutrients to the soil... should be interesting and fun!

My set-up:

Agromax 22 x 36 x 63 Tent.
    400 Watt HPS with air-cooled reflector
    100 Watt t-5 for seedlings and Initial Vegging.
    Fox Farms Happy Frog, Ocean Forest, Perlite.
    Northern Lights Feminized seeds from weed-seeds

I have already had one set-back since one of my seeds didn't sprout and had to start another, these things happen...now I have one plant that has about a week head-start on the other...Oh well! I just harvested my bagseed plant last night, below is a pic of the center cola. Now my tent is free for growing a new batch. I will update soon.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Grows&Smokes, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    Update. Not much to show right now. Bigger plant is 12 days since putting seed directly into soil, smaller plant is 6 days from seed in soil. I am vegging in Fox Farms Happy frog. I will let them veg under the T-5 til they both have at least 3 grow nodes then will put them under my HPS in my tent.

I am going to experiment with some Roots Organics Green Fields soil for this grow. I have always used FFOF and Happy Frog so I thought I would try something else for this grow. I will repot 1 of them in my usual Ocean Forest/Perlite mix and 1 into the Roots Organics to do a side-by side comparison of the two soils. I will do this when they reach around 8" tall. I will use 7 gallon smart pots when I repot and then a few days after that I will switch my lights to 12/12 flowering light cycle. I Chose the Green Fields soil because it is supposed to be high in Nitrogen and that should be good for the flowering stage...Will update in a few days.

Attached Files:

3. Should keep this going I would love to follow it and get any tips you can provide that tent set up is legit how much do they run for that size

4. #4 Grows&Smokes, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    Oh Im going to keep this going alright...hell, Im just getting started...the entire set-up can be had for around $500..thats if you can drive to the store and pick it all up yourself..thats what I did..I have a HTGS outlet only 8-9 miles from my place, Im lucky.....if not I imagine you would have too add in a lot more for the shipping...the tent itself was only $120.

5. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']

Oh Im going to keep this going alright...hell, Im just getting started...the entire set-up can be had for around $500..thats if you can drive to the store and pick it all up yourself..thats what I did..I have a HTGS outlet only 8-9 miles from my place, Im lucky.....if not I imagine you would have too add in a lot more for the shipping...the tent itself was only $120.[/quote]

Yeah I'm gonna save up get a similar setup next grow around, I've got a hydroponics depot right up the street from me a tad more expensive then ordering online but no hassle or shipping and I can see it before I get it haha

6. Quick update:

Both plants are doing well, nice and green and healthy...looking at the two, it's amazing the difference 6 days makes when they are seedlings, eventually my smaller girl will catch up....I hope.

Attached Files:

7. Those are looking pretty good keep up the good work how long you plan on veging for?

8. I don't go by the amount of days, I simply veg them til they are around 8" tall, I may wait til theyre 12" this time though. I do that so I dont have to worry about them getting too tall for my tent...they will at least double in height after you turn your lights to 12/12.

9. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']

I don't go by the amount of days, I simply veg them til they are around 8" tall, I may wait til theyre 12" this time though. I do that so I dont have to worry about them getting too tall for my tent...they will at least double in height after you turn your lights to 12/12.[/quote]

Yeah I'll probably do it till there half of my space is taken up then make the switch

10. #10 Grows&Smokes, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    another update..not much is happening except plant growth. They really seem to like the T-5, Ive only used CFL's in the past.....this is my first experience with vegging under one..I really like it too...compact, runs really cool yet can still crank out 8,000 Lumens from a 1x2 foot fixture that cost around $70........ Its been 17 days from seed to soil for the bigger girl and 11 days from seed to soil for the smaller one.... But, they are both getting pretty close to being big enough to put in the tent with the HPS...coming soon. They are both still in the original pots of Happy Frog, straight from the bag...nothing but water so far....PS, I finally found a use for all those old phonebooks I have laying around. :D:

Attached Files:

11. Looking great grows keep it up I'm gonna be getting an hps in a week or so won't put it up until flowering tho

12. Yea it is me the debater...what was your yield on the bs? Did you water only with that?

13. #14 Grows&Smokes, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Hey, glad to see you drop by....Cant tell you the exact yield, I dont have a scale because I really dont need to know that, I grow for personal use, but I have 2 1/2 big mason jars full of it...even after giving a few big nugs to friends and family..

Yep, all I did was water that, no nutes...had a lot of yellow leaves by harvest time but the buds were all still green and frosty.

14. just a few new pics...already getting some secondary growth on 1st and 2nd growth nodes on bigger plant.

Attached Files:

15. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']just a few new pics...already getting some secondary growth on 1st and 2nd growth nodes on bigger plant.[/quote]

Lookin good, the bigger one is sweet

16. Days 13-19 veg. both plants are still chugging along. Bigger plant is around 5" and smaller one is only around 2 3/4"...I think they may both go in my tent tomorrow.

Attached Files:

17. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']Days 13-19 veg. both plants are still chugging along. Bigger plant is around 5" and smaller one is only around 2 3/4"...I think they may both go in my tent tomorrow.[/quote]

They growing like champs did you tent them up yet??

18. I was going to but I decided to splurge on a new Hortilux super HPS bulb today...I decided to spend a little time cleaning out my tent, the ducting and all the dust that has built-up inside my reflector for the next few nights until my new bulb arrives...its been awhile since its had a good cleaning...I'll have everything cleaned up and have my new bulb and get plants in this weekend.

19. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']

I was going to but I decided to splurge on a new Hortilux super HPS bulb today...I decided to spend a little time cleaning out my tent, the ducting and all the dust that has built-up inside my reflector for the next few nights until my new bulb arrives...its been awhile since its had a good cleaning...I'll have everything cleaned up and have my new bulb and get plants in this weekend.[/quote]

O splurging is always fun lol, how many watts is that new hps bulb you got? I try to keep my growspace clean so nothing harmfull or anything like that comes up can't wait to see pics when they get in that tent