GS's Northern Lights Feminized-No Nute-Soil-Tent Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Grows&Smokes, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Hey grows how's it going over there can we get some pics?? Also when do you plan on flowering?

2. Yo, days 26-32 veg. Got a new intake fan this weekend along with some Roots Organics Green Fields Soil...the soil just smells like it's going to be some good stuff...they gave me a snazzy new carrying bag LOL. hooked up fan to outside air with dampers and duct work and my plants didn't seem to like it...the air may have been too cold and stunted growth...not sure, too early to tell. This also dropped my humidity to 23% !!!. I decided to unhook it and deal with the warmer temps plus get my humidity back up to 58%...I just wasted a lot of time, not that much money though...the fan was still a good buy...its bringing in much more air that's for sure. Going to swithch to 12/12 this weekend once my smaller plant hits 8".

Attached Files:

3. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']Yo, days 26-32 veg. Got a new intake fan this weekend along with some Roots Organics Green Fields Soil...the soil just smells like it's going to be some good stuff...they gave me a snazzy new carrying bag LOL. hooked up fan to outside air with dampers and duct work and my plants didn't seem to like it...the air may have been too cold and stunted growth...not sure, too early to tell. This also dropped my humidity to 23% !!!. I decided to unhook it and deal with the warmer temps plus get my humidity back up to 58%...I just wasted a lot of time, not that much money though...the fan was still a good buy...its bringing in much more air that's for sure. Going to swithch to 12/12 this weekend once my smaller plant hits 8".[/quote]

That sucks about the intake deal would have been nice to have the temps but still should be fine. On the other hand your plants are looking good cant wait until you flip the switch gonna be awesome to see how it goes.

4. Did you try toUse the fan to exhaust instead of intake
    If you did were there different results.?

5. No, I didnt bother, already have a 250 cfm exhaust fan. Im actually using the new fan with some duct work to blow the air across the plant canopy and just below my light and I think that, plus getting my humidity back, will do the trick. My other intake fan was just a few inches off the bottom of my tent.

6. hell ya man idk why i haven been in here sooner. looking really healthy man.

7. Thanks for checking in dooder...Im going to update with pics tomorrow prob.

8. lets seeeeeeeeee those ladies broooooooo :D

9. #49 Grows&Smokes, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    Well, I can't believe it's been 5 weeks vegging already. I re-potted both plants into my gigantic 7 gallon grow pots. Originally I said I was going to use Ocean Forest and Green Fields and do a side-by-side comparison on how my plants liked both, but once I opened that bag of Roots Organics I couldn't help but use it for both plants...they really seem to like the soil and the big-roomy pots they are in. The pots are so big that the giant bag of Green Fields is already gone LOL! Decided to switch to 12/12 tonight....I have held them back long enough...time to cut them loose! :hello:

Attached Files:

10. Woot! Those plants look so happy in the big pots.

11. Lol right on you beat me to it. I thought for sure I'd be flowering first.
    Looking good bro, keep it up

12. [quote name='hemi4spd']Lol right on you beat me to it. I thought for sure I'd be flowering first.
    Looking good bro, keep it up[/QUOTE

Thanks man, you can start tonight too!

13. Sigh. If I was only home. Still away till saturday night.
    Bought my HID light for flowering today. Ended up getting a 1000w. It's gently used but price was right. Magnetic Ballast, hps bulb, reflector, and related cables for 150$.

Hope it doesn't come with any bad karma lol

14. Shit, I forgot you were away...my bad. That light set-up is a steal for the price.

15. hell ya!! look at those ladies sticking straight up looking good man..... looking goooooooood :D

16. nice looking grow. i've seen your posts everywhere and finally made my way over. got quite a few notes just from your journal :D are you thinking of replacing FF with this new soil or you gonna use both in the future?

17. Thanks for stoppin by, I think I will wait to see if the Roots Organics can get my plants the whole way through until harvest. I have had a lot of success with the Fox Farm products so I am taking an unknown course with this new soil. If it performs as well or better I will probably switch to it just because its a little (not by much) cheaper than the Fox Farms...but only time will tell. The only reason I decided to try it is it's supposed to have a much higher Nitrogen content, which I am hoping increases my bud production and yield.

18. Not sure what to expect from my bigger plant. It showed pre-flower over 10 days before I switched my lights over to 12/12. I have never had this happen to me before. I sent an email to weed-seeds and asked if maybe they sent me Autoflowering seeds by mistake. They responded that a plant can show sex early if it is exposed to intense light or heat...I did have some heat issues and my new bulb is pretty intense, so that is probably what happened. This plant could either be a real dud, a Hermie, or a terrific yielder, only time will tell!

Attached Files:

19. Almost all plants will do that if you veg them long enough.

20. #60 Grows&Smokes, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    Yes, but it was only day 26-27 from the time the seed popped thru the soil... and around 8" high..may have even been earlier, thats just when I happened to notice it ( wasnt looking for hairs)...Ive grown quite a few plants and never seen it that early before.