Grunge!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by imsostoned, Oct 30, 2009.

1. anyone else into grunge or any music of the late80s early/mid 90s??

I've been blazing and listening to Mudhoney all week :smoking:

anyone goin to the Pixies concert in Oakland in Nov?:cool::cool:

2. I mean..
    Nirvana man...
    fuck yes.

3. I'm lovin' the '90's

4. Nirvana = most over rated grunge band.

But I fuckin love grunge. Smashing Pumpkins and Alice in Chains were the best IMO

5. I dont think Nirvana is overrated, just over played. Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream is probably my favorite album of all time. I love to crank it up and listen to those heavy ass guitars

6. anyone who likes grunge.. just listen to the wipers, scratch acid, the replacements, the meat puppets, and the melvins. those are your favorite bands favorite bands.

7. Over the years I've immersed myself in a lot of genres. Through 9th and 10th grade it was shit like the Misfits. Junior year through senior year I immersed myself in a mixture of thrash metal and parliament-funkdelic. For a while now it's been a mixture of every from old 80s hardcore (i.e. Adolescents, D.I.,Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Bad Brains), to Sludge metal (Eyehategod, Acid Bath, etc.) and Jazz, Miles Davis in particular.

But it all started with grunge. When I was in the 7th grade picked up the guitar so I could learn all of Facelift. Jerry Cantrell made pick up the guitar. Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger is another album that's been close to me over the years. One of my fondest concert memories is going to see Mudhoney in New Orleans on acid and drunk as hell. But for some reason Stone Temple Pilots and Nirvana annoy the hell out of me. Same goes for Pearl Jam personally.

If you've read all of this, thanks. I'm really fucking stoned. Check out a band called The Fluid. One of if not the most overlooked band of the entire Seattle scene.

8. you shoulda stuck with hardcore :p

9. I've told myself to always expand my horizons. But hardcore is another thing that's pretty close to home.

10. haha i know im just fucking with you. you cant just listen to hardcore. im a big goth fan myself.

11. Screaming Trees?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFMeBCRjNq8]YouTube - Screaming Trees - Who Lies in Darkness[/ame]