"grunge Off" - Best Cleaning Solution, Recyclable, Reusable, Effortless! *pics*

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MuttMunchies, Sep 26, 2007.

1. There have been hundreds of threads on GC alone regarding the easiest or most effective ways to clean that nasty resin off your valuable pieces.

You've heard or tried most of them probably....iso + salt, hot water + abrasive, Oxyclean, nail polish remover, vinegar, CLR etc.....

While i have ALWAYS been a proponent of iso + salt (which certainly works)... I have recently tried a new product called "GRUNGE OFF", and I'm sold on it. HANDS DOWN, the easiest and most effective cleaning solution on the market. And did i mention its re-usable?

What is Grunge Off? I've heard Grunge off was developed by those close to ROOR.us...(maybe?)

Their website, which unfortunately doesnt sell it online www.grungeoff.com

NO shaking, NO scrubbing, NO abrasives needed, REUSABLE, ENV. Safe, and inexpensive!

1 bottle of the super soaker was about $14, but range in price according to headshop

First test:
    Disgusting, resin caked bowl, resin caked toro bowl and spoon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

put pieces in some sort of dish, fill with grunge off to cover.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let soak... solution goes from a light yellow to dark black (i think its working???? lol)
    [​IMG]

clean
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. very nice +rep

3. Bad ass, Thanks for the review MM!!!:wave:

Have you cleaned a tube with it yet? Im interested to know how well it work on the hard water stains? Thats my biggest issue.

4. Ate it right off no shaking or nothing huh? Looks damn good to me..

To bad the headshops round my way are complete shit..

5. yea, same.

next time i head to ann arbor Imma pick up a bottle of that at 42*

I don't get, however, how its reusable... i mean, look how black that shit got!

6. how long did it take?

7. Even though the solution looks black its still reusable, it wont take any power out of it. Dukes be using these bottles for a minute. I heard they are good for tubes with hard water stains too. If i come across it i will def buy it, until then iso+salt

8. I've got a bottle coming in the mail.

Though I have no problems with hot Iso and Oxy every once in a while, I'm excited to see what Grunge Off is made of.

I had a long talk with the one of the owners(I think) and from what I hear, and from what I've seen this is the real deal.

He said the main owner used the same bottle for 6 months when he first got it, and that 3 bottles usually last a year.

9. It does an amazing job at hard water stains. Ill get a shot of the tube i just cleaned with it. Im letting it dry, so i want to see if they reappear or not.

10. omg this is sweet but i only wish i had a place to keep it after i m done using it the first time...

and what do you do with it when your done ? refrigerate to make sure nothing of it goes bad or room temp ?

11. would you say this works just as well as the 420 cleaner stuff? I have 34.5 inch phx with double perks so cleaning is not always the easiest, just wondering if this work work just as well if not better then the 420 cleaner? thanks:smoke:

12. way better. not even in the same league. I never buy 420, but grunge off id recommend highly. reusable is key

13. Here are some photos of the roor after being soaked in it for about hour and a half.
    I left the house, so i dunno if it could soak for even less time ...

You can see the hard water stains about half way up the first "R"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^Pretty impressive to say the least. thats after drying and been sitting for a bt.

14. Yeah, we just bought a bunch and sell it for @ 12.95 usually.

I have heard so much about this cleaner i just had to try it on my personal pieces. WOW was I surprised how clean they were. Almost new is the first thing inside my head when I seen them.

Well thanks for the info everyone. www.kublnicks.com:smoke:

15. Damn i need to find where i can pick this stuff up..

16. Somewhere to or in canada???

17. Wow, Postman is back? Time to see some crazy dank nuggets in the grow section again?

18. i heard this stuff worked good from the guys my local headshop and am now going to pick up a bottle it's cheap and it works! how long did it take to clean that stuff! i have a disturbingly dirty bubbler i can't get clean with iso and salt... hopefully this stuff works for that!