Growth w/ Lights that can't be lowered (1200 watts in a tent)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by gr8kingj, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Hey I have a Gl145 grow tent...a cap ebb and grow (12 sites)....and a 4 ft long cool tube with dual 600's.

My problem is that my cooltube fits perfectly into the top two vent holes of my tent but if I put it there I can't Lower my lights.

Do you folks think that I will have good growth not being able to lower my light and all...has anyone ever finished a crop using a stationary light???

I will try and add pics in a min

2. #2 TinTizzy, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
    You can raise them with stacked 4x4s and plywood if needed or scrog/ lst if they get too tall..dual 600s should be enough to where they don't stretch for light

3. Thx a lot tin tizzy...yea I was thinking of doing a scrog but with 12 ladies in there gonna be a lot of maintenance...great idea with the 4x4s. Right now they are just sitting on mini pallets...by mini I mean they aren't as wide but the height is the same as a regular pallet.

If I don't raise the plants and leave the system as is do you think they'll be ok though? I got 55 lumens per square foot what do you think?

4. yea 100w per plant sounds good..they should be fine as long as you bush them out and know when to start flower..you want the tops prob a foot from the light depending on temps and then factor the bucket height and 2-3x stretching when switching to flower..all you can really do is see what the strain does..if it starts to stretch in veg then that means not enough light and then raise them but I think they will be fine..if they are done stretching when flowering and there's still space then I would raise them

5. My light is cooled separately from the tent and I have a co2 generator. I'm hoping with my lights being independently cooled my temps will be ok and plus co2 supplementation requires higher temps

6. Sounds like its going to be killer you going to have a journal for this one?

7. Actually I haven't decided yet...I've done a journal before but not since I've upgraded....hmmm.....I think I will but I'm still waiting on beans and then I need twelve clones....I'm about 3 weeks away from start at least. Maybe I will make a journal. Thanks for your quick replies tin...I'll keep ya posted on whether I get a journal going or not