growroom safety tip

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aktrees, May 18, 2010.

1. Hello all, I am new to this site and have been gathering alot of information, and have been loving it. There is something i wanted to mention to everyone that I feel is important for any grow room for safety. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but cost is minimal and i think it is worth it. It is called a gfci. It is for electricity. It will help prevent electric shock and is extremely important when working around water. A gfci add on cord, which is the easiest way to get the protection costs from $20 to $30, or a replacement outlet costs $8-$15, and is fairly simple to install.

2. As soon as I get motivated enough to get off my ass and go to walmart, i will make a how to make any extension cord a gfci extension cord for under $20 video, with stuff you can get at walmart.

3. Be sure you get a gfci with a high amperage or it will be popping constantly. I jerked mine out of the wall and threw it down the road.

4. They dont do well with timers either.

but you're right, if your going to be standing in water plugging things in, you need one.

5. Do you use those cheap $7 menards ones or the leviton ones? Also are you plugging into the gfci outlet or using the load/line pass through?

6. Well I was only half joking, I did rip mine out of the wall and throw it away. I have an industrial inline 20 amp one that I use when I am working on something, for the tools, I dont plug my whole system through one.