Growing with water ph pen

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SinsemillaPassion, Jun 17, 2018.

1. I have bio bizz all mix soil and bio bizz nutes. I am wondering weather it is possible to not use a ph pen for the water and without ph up and ph down. I was going to let my water sit openly for 24hrs prior to watering allowing it to get all the chlorine etc out. I live in an area where the water is slightly hard

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. You can do anything you’d like. Essential nutrients are available in a particular ph range. The sweet spot for soil is 6.5 ish. My tap water is 8, and jumps to 8.5 when I add silica and nutrients. I would be locked out if I didn’t adjust ph, especially since I grow in coco and the sweet spot for me is 5.8-6.0.

3. It all depends Iv never changed the ph of my water I use genral orgaincs go box but I still check the ph and check my plants, my water just stays between 6-7 so I don't need to change

4. Thanks for the info I just want to start now if I am honest, I know most things and have the passion to want to grow so I guess it's all about learning from mistakes along the way. I will try to minimise that as much as I can tho. Everything else I am happy about doing it's just the PH that is bugging me, I know my soil will be around 6.5ph as that's what it says on bio bizz. I have a soil pH meter to make sure anyway when I do it. I am just worried if my tap water isn't good enough it might disrupt the soil pH levels.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Also when I add the nutes, will that disrupt the PH in the soil and water? I am only using bio bizz grow, bloom, root juice and cal n mag

6. It most certainly will and you should be worried. You can use ph perfect nutrients if you don’t want to invest in a ph pen or get a pen, a quart of ph down, and a pint of ph up and use your current nutrients.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Most water is purified with chloramine nowadays, and it's much harder to get out than chlorine used to be.
    Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) can get rid of it quickly, 40 mg/gallon.
    Neutralize Chlorine with Vitamin C
    It is a weak acid, and will lower pH a little.
    You should find a cheap way to measure pH though. My tap water varies from pH 7 to above 9, depending on the season.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Are the bio bizz nutes perfect? I was doing research for quite some time that's why I bought them, they are organic I have just left everything for a while you see so I need to refresh my memory before I start. Organising is key

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. If your soil is ph’d to 6.5 and you feed with 8.5 nute solution, eventually your soil ph is going to climb out of that sweet spot. That’s when you’ll be posting pics, asking what is wrong. A little Precision is all it takes to be a good gardener. Spend the money and do it right

10. OK mate I will that on board I am just preparing a list now

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OK man that's what I intend to do, I want to do it properly, I will have to spend a little extra on some things

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. It’s worth it bud. Trust me. For the cost of a 1/4, you can add ounces to your harvest, and prevent a lot of headaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. check this page Biobizz Nutrients: Answers From Biobizz
    The person who posted it said its a email from the bio bizz people,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. That is the perfect guide man, thank you very much. As long as my water is about 7ph with the nutes I should be sound, it should drop to 6.1 6.2 like they say is best

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Your welcome any questions I can answer ill gladly help :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1