Growing with BOTH Spectrums

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by subwoofer1000, Feb 2, 2010.

1. #1 subwoofer1000, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
    I am using 1 400HPS. and T-5 flouros. I am using Fox farm Ocean Forest Soil, And Fox Farm Big Bloom, And Grow Big nutes. I recently stopped giving my plants any added nutes because they were burning and growing WAY TOO SLOW EVEN UNDER A 400w HPS, and also the temp was too high for my closet, and I dont have extra money for inline fan or anything, so I just bought Cool white and day light CFL's, Here are some pics of the plant growing up so far...

Thanks for any views, and I will add more photos as they grow... PLZ joint:smoking: me.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4MGgCkdNmE"]YouTube- GROW JOURNAL #1[/ame]

Attached Files:

2. You should get some more 6500 for vegging, itll help them grow faster and there is more light it can use

3. He has more 6500k then any other bulbs? ^

Goodluck man, and have fun.

4. Heres some more pics lol, Im figuring out the GC options, i like this place!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

5. ya... WOW i was using some nasty albertsons soil and it was okay but when the girls wanted more... they were like blaw ," I want MoRe blh ahh" ugh it was hard to watch so much Nitrogen dificiency and I mean every deficiancy in the book probly. well Cheers to those watching and i'll have more pics soon im sure, theyre really getting root bound, the both of them now! But first heres some high res pics of the first weeks...

Attached Files:

6. Looks like you've gotten some sort of deficiency goin on there....From what the guy at the grow shop said, a lack of nitrogen is a common problem during veg. Just my little bit of input, but anyhow, Good luck.

7. Thanks thats good to know, I thought I was missing something, but everyone gets it i guess. I dont think ive seen more than 2-3 grow journals where NOTHING goes wrong, I was aware that my soil sucked, but they liked it in the bigginning, Just that theres like an anti root building supplement in the soil. SO... iuse fox farm now, And theyt absolutley love it. All my yellows are turning green, and my greens are turning greener, wiht purple viens, and stuff. Already have 7 finger leafes, and its just 6 " tall, The other is about 5, and just starring to root down. and let me say... CFL's WORK just as good if not better than than a 400w light for Veging. I cant use my 400w HPS because it keeps the closet 86-91F and thats not good for this strain. Its been grown outdoors all ive heard of. DANK!

Attached Files:

8. #8 subwoofer1000, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    Okay heres pics of the ladies in there little 2 plant veg closet.

Attached Files:

9. OKAy its day 42 since germ and I need to know what these look like? I think they look like female precalyx, where the hair may appear. They also might be new branch, hehe... well, you look:eek:

Attached Files:

10. and another day goes by...GROWTH!

Attached Files:

11. Today is a good day for weed growing! You may find your seedlings once droopy, have now created a life vibe in your grow room, Giving you a slight boner, and maybe some sweat, This is a good day. a good day.
    Anyway, I got some new stuff, from the Local growshop, and spent like $125 Bucks! DAM yo.:cool::cool::cool:

Attached Files:

12. Why do you all waste your time and money buying so many CFLs?

I have a 100W mh and 150W hps security lights I bought from HomeDepot for $150/both. Provides full spectrum, keeps my closet right at about 80 F, dries out the soil so your roots don't rot. Give up CFL and move on to HID, you won't be disappointed!!

13. You are losing more than half of your light hanging those CFL's vertically. Find some way, any way, to hang them horizontally and you will dramatically increase your efficiency and results.

14. Ya I am going to build a Hood/reflector that will house 4 of the big 125w eco bulbs, or buy one. I apreciate the growth rate od CFL's, But the new SunBlazer t-5 tubes were only $27 each, So i took out all my CFL's than put in the 3 2000 Lumen tubes, And eventually added (4) 23w 6500K cfl'S, THEY PUT OUT 1600 LUMENS EACH, I did use a 400w HPS but it was too hot!!! Ive said it like 10 times!! lol, oh well, HOW DO I POST A VIDEO JOURNAL, OR a link to a youtube video of mine? that would be cool

15. keep the cfl's but it wouldnt hurt to throw some hps in there also. i have 2 70w hps and 200+w in cfl's mostly 6500k but some 2700k also. HID with cfl's seem to be working very nice for me so far. gl

oh yea i think i got my hps(70w) at lowes for like 45 bucks each

16. Ha! Yes!! I grow with a 100w MH and a 150w HPS security lights I bought from homedepot. :hello:

17. a i want to buuy a nice full wattage 125w Eco bulbs. there 6500K and put out like 10,000 lumens.

18. #18 subwoofer1000, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
    okay i planted both from seed, all i know is there DANK!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anCEiEjUCy4"]YouTube- CFL Monster plants!! Wutup![/ame]

Attached Files:

19. Okay there on Day 18 of flowering. I just took 4 cuttings from the taller one, and only 1 from the other, the other one is rooted, sorta, and going , sorta, The others we'll se, Im using Rootech hormone, and rooting cubes, and humidome, and 2 23w 6500k CFL's.
    My 2 mothers are looking very nice, sorta, The buds are starting to kick in, It will be another 45 Days or so before Harvest. And I'll Hopfully have All 6 plants going 12/12 by then!!! BUT WHO KNOWS. And Also How can I grow outdoors with smaller plants, like bushes in pots like 5ft high at harvest, HOW is this done, Should i use lowrider strain? this is my plan for most yeild.

Attached Files: