Growing Up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kemisthekid, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Check out my plants and let me know what you think? How long should I continue to keep them in the veggie stage? Will they grow any taller?

2. These are my plants... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. How old are they and how many hours a day do you have the light on for?

If you want to leave them in veggie state leave the light on 18 hours a day then to switch to flowering change the light to 12 hours a day.

4. I been having the light on 24 hours a day. I was wondering if I could have a lighting schedule set in place but I don't want to deprive my plants from any light source. I'm very new at this so any advice will be helpful.... :lol:

5. Yes probably best to have a light schedule. and I don't think it would deprive the plants of light it gives them the rest time they need.

When I veg my plants I leave the light on for 18 hours a day (0600 - 0000) and when I'm flowering I have the light on for 12 hours a day (0700 - 0700) you can Turn the light on and off manually or plug it into a timer (probably best lol)

I usually switch from veg to flowering about 6 weeks into growing (from seed 6 weeks old) good luck dude :)

6. With fluorescent (or any low-wattage lighting) you want your plants to grow wide and short, height will do nothing to increase yield (unless you wrap cfl bulbs around your plants)

If you have no plans to train them then a longer veg period won't do any good. Fluorescent lights only penetrate a few inches, everything below that will be fluffy instead of dense.

Short and wide:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Thank you for the advice and pictures, very useful information. I got a timer at home so I will set it at 18 hours of light. How many more weeks until the flowering process? :)

Without training I'd set the timer to 12/12. They'll stretch to at least twice that height during the first couple of weeks of flower.

9. Two Of Mine :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

10. I got a timer for my little fan but how often should I have it turn on & off? :p

11. I have a timer on my lights. Same schedule as above, 6am to 12am, but the fan runs 24 hours a day.

12. It gets cold in the morning so I'll try to avoid having it on in the morning time....^_^