Growing up too fast?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Crooksallday, Jan 8, 2011.

1. I think I did. I mean I've always been the one was known to act older than I really am. But I honestly believe I don't. I don't show off what I have like most people my age do, and I don't flaunt that I do the things I do. Yet to most people I'm known as the stoner. Most people here where I live are concerned with how many parties you go to, and how much you can smoke or drink. The only thing that separates me from them is that I realized something. I'm guilty of drinking, smoking, partying all that stuff a typical college student will do. But I finally realized it's not something you should be proud of, I did some crazy stuff, but I mean it won't matter in the future now will it? My plans now have changed, not going for the same life everyone wants. Most people want to have jobs that will have them set for life money wise, marriage wise, family wise, but will they truly be happy in the end? Like right now, I enjoy smoking and having a good time like the next guy, but in the end I saw that it didn't make me happy like I thought it did, I just used those things as a crutch. As for now I will be taking a break from what most people my age call the norm, partying and getting trashed. It was fun while it lasted, and that's all it should be, fun, it shouldn't run you, or construct your image. Just do that damn thing, and leave it at that.

2. haha, im with you on that one bro!
    I was raised with manners and well lets just say momma didnt raise no fool (or else id get beat...i mean disciplined, which im IN FAVOR for nowadays. ;)) But i didnt really tend to even get into partying, not saying i was an outkast/ "loser" or whatever but idk it never really was my thing and i just graduated last june. I preferred dank over booze so that couldve been why, or the fact that my "hood" aint the kind i wanna get caught slippin in. not tryin to be Billy BadAss however :cool:

For example tonight there was mad parties but i took my girl shopping instead then came home to enjoy some dinner & dankk. Parties got raided quick according to facebook:smoke:

3. Deeeep bro!

4. Good read OP +rep because i can relate.

5. i wasted my childhood on computer and tv. now i'm 20 years old im like WTF im getting so old. so i guess this counts

6. I was an "old man" in my teens. Now I'm 27, living in a small town in the middle of nowhere with mostly retired people and people on welfare (some like 4th generation!). Somehow, I fit in here better, but I still say "where did the time go?" and why don't I have the desire to go out and do "young people things". Oh well, if I moved back to the city, I guess I would, but I don't like the rushing and craziness of the city.

But hey, it's a stoners paradise here. Lots of nature, water, and picturesque places :) Now get me a goddamn Taco Bell, and I'm set. haha

7. Yeah I'm 20 and I don't smoke or drink... I used to but it just lost it's luster, I spent my friday playing music and reading it was constructive. Glad to see there are other people out there grooving to the same vibes.
    Best,
    KillerKush

8. yeah @killerkush I just spend my weekends playing music as well. And since I got netflix, all the documentaries I could ask for. Oh do you recommend any books to read, I've almost gone through all the movies I want to watch on netflix haha. I mean I kind of wish I wasn't like this, but at the same time I find it sad that in order to actually relate to my friends on a a friday night I need to walk in with a handle, a 30 pack, or an 8th.

9. Having just finished college at a very party-intensive school (Penn State), I understand where you're coming from.

Partying is at its core about having fun with other people, and there's nothing wrong with that; it's the manner that people act that makes it destructive. Like you said, it's depressing that college kids have a hard time socializing without getting obliterated. People tend to base partying around the substance use, instead of the time they spend with the people around them.

I never was into partying, not because I don't like sharing altered states of consciousness with other people, but because I've never found the kind of people that want the same things out of their drug use. I smoke weed because it helps me appreciate and view life from a different perspective. I find that useful for self-improvement. Getting fucked up at a party, not so much. Most times I smoked with a bunch of people, it was about smoking massive quantities, and then everyone is too stoned to do anything fun.

You have to find the people that are into drugs because they get something out of them, not those that do drugs to get their mind off how empty their lives are. Trust me, they're rare.