Growing Time?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by papaben25, Sep 30, 2009.

1. I know with different strains it takes different times to bud. I am growing from seed taken from the run of the mill buds that were bought. It took about 8 weeks to grow to 12" with 7 points on the leaves. They are now in 12/12 force bud. Can any one tell me the average time it takes to grow from a seedling to harvest? I am using 24-8-16 fert, planted in 30 gallon pots with a good soil purchased at a store. The lights are just 40 watt plant and aquarium lights.:rolleyes:

2. Im only a novice grower but from what Ive read on here those plant/aquarium lights will take you forever to get bud growth on. Buy a bunch of the cfl bulbs in a 6500K temp range. Also, when flowering you want to use nutes that are low N and high in P and K like a Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30). Thats the most heavy duty one Ive seen. Hope this helps.

3. you need 2700k for flower. a good rule is 100watts for your first plant and fifty watts for each additional plant. but i advise you too use as many CFLs as you can fit around your plants and still have reasonable temps. more light more bud:smoking:

4. Crap,:eek: thanks rostenoc for catching that...long day is my only excuse for that one.

5. #5 rostenoc, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    no worries you can use 6500k but you wont yield as much

and your right on about the nutrients