Growing Shrooms!!!???

Discussion in 'General' started by NugsMc.gee, Oct 21, 2007.

1. I have read tons of information on how to grow magic mushrooms and it seems like anyway i try to do it i have to have things like the spores already or things like an incubator to do it. does anyone no any way to grow magic mushrooms without already having the spores or having a complicated expensive set up??? plz help!

2. I would buy a kit if I were you,

When growing fungus it is important to remember you will be making a habitat for all fungus, not just the one your trying to grow. If you mess this up you could end-up eating an out-of-control toxic fungus, leading to death, it is very important to do it properly

Don't cheap out on this one, it will be worth it, also get a kit that is reusable and the value just keeps going up.

I wouldn't grow shrooms unless you plan on selling them, you will grow too much for one person and I think you'll find that if you end up eating the whole batch, you will feel dumb!

3. You want to grow mushrooms without spores?

how can you grow something from nothing?

4. well it had to start somewhere in the wild if u create the right habitat they should be able to grow, they do in the wild without spores

5. ^^lolol shrooms cant grow without spores, duhh

6. Does the magic shrooms fairy come along and drop magical shroom dust on the ground so that they will magically just pop out of fucking no where?

7. Dude, instead of "spores" say "mushroom seeds" in your head... The reason mushrooms just pop up in the wild is because spores get carried by the wind/animals. You can't just go grab some soil, slap it under a light and expect marijuana to grow right? Same deal.

On the plus side, spores are cheap(and once you get some mushrooms they produce more for ya). So is everything you need to start growing. I would just build the setup yourself. Google "PF Tek" and memorize that shit. :)

8. Um, not to seem like a douche here but if you have read tons of info about how to grow shrooms, how is it you don't know what spores are and how mushrooms culture in the wild?

9. ROFLZ.. thats what I thought at first.

yes, mushrooms require spores in order to get anything... if you beg and send me nuddy pics id probably send you a couple free spore prints.

and no, there isnt an effective way to grow shrooms for cheap.. being a cheap-ass will get you 2 things. a) very little, not even enough for 1 person to trip or b) nothing, contamination is the most important thing to worry about, and if you dont invest in a pressure cooker, and insist on boiling jars instead, you will more than likely fail, over and over again.

best of luck, i just harvested about an ounce yesterday.

10. Not necessarily true, I've grown plenty of mushrooms and I'd say I didn't spend more than $50 on my setup. I don't use a pressure cooker, just use the boil/steam method with a regular pot and I've only had 1 jar become contaminated out of over 30 jars. My fruiting chamber is very simple, just a big Rubbermaid tub with perlite in the bottom so a fruiting chamber is around 10 to 15 bucks at most.

I still just use the PF Tek method and I usually get around 5-6 grams dry off of each cake that I make per flush - each cake usually produces at least 3 flushes.

It probably gets more expensive if you grow massive amounts though, but I have no need for ounces upon ounces of mushrooms - lol. I just grow for personal use.

EDIT: And my mushrooms are somewhat potent as well, usually 2 grams dried will have you tripping balls with peoples faces melting and a complete mindfuck.

11. The problem with using PF tek is weak and small mushies. BRF is your ONLY nutrient which really limits growth.

I only harvested an ounce.. not ounces upon ounces lol.. and I usually do 1-2 grows per year to keep me stocked all year round for personal consumption.

You are right, a pressure cooker isnt required for PF Tek. but PF Tek is just something people do to learn the life cycle.. it is VERY labor intensive compared to using other teks. and your results will be about 25% of what they could be if you change to Rye grain or WBS.