growing shrooms legal question

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by johnjohn, Oct 28, 2009.

1. If you get caught growing shrooms, what is the punishment if found guilty? what is the law and why is it so hard to find this info?

I need info for United States.

2. Don't quote me on this, but I THINK that each state has it's own set of policies/punishments as far as possessions/distribution of scheduled substances.

3. #3 korey, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    "Some states in the U.S. and some countries have ruled that growing psilocybe mushrooms does not qualify as 'manufacturing' a controlled substance (psilocybin)"

It depends on where you live, man. Mushrooms aren't even mentioned in the list of Schedule 1 substances. Psilocybin and Psilocyn are.

"Psilocybin mushrooms are illegal in every state in the United States except Florida." Spores are legal in a lot of states, because they don't contain any illegal drug, yet.

4. Where can I find information on these laws per state? I thought shrooms were Schedule 1, isn't Psilocybin and Psilocyn same as shrooms if u are growing?

5. I'm not sure where to find a state by state list, but google around and i bet you'll find somethin! Oh, and Erowid.org usually has a legal page about each drug. I'll link it up if i can find it.

Technically the shrooms themselves are NOT a scheduled substance, BUT since they contain Psilocybin or other substances that ARE scheduled, some states choose to treat them as such.

I'm pretty sure that Florida has a policy that allows you to posses them as long as there is no obvious intent of injesting them or something like that.. I'm sure there's others similar to that, but FL's the only one i know of.

Edit: here's tha link --> http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_law4.shtml

6. thx, it seems like even though its class C in my state, it's has a lesser punishment than growing weed.

7. unless your growing a absolute sackload of mush your not gona get caught bro

8. go to your local library and look in the legal reference section. you should be able to find a book about statutes. then just look in the illegal drugs section and you'll find it