Growing seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jahgottachief, Oct 19, 2014.

1. This is my first post on here because I can't find much information on growing a Male cannabis plant.

I have one super silver haze (mr.Nice) male I couldn't have impregnating my virgins indoors, so I'm keeping him outside in my backyard. I paid a lot of money for these seeds so I would like to grow a good amount of them so I never have to buy them again. It has now been flowering for 8weeks but I'm wondering how much longer? Does a male usually take as long as it's sister would?
    Thank for any and all info.
    - jahgottachief
    I'll try and attach some pictures..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Males are good for one thing.  Their pollen. They don't produce smoke-able bud.

My recommendation is to take one of your precious ladies outside and make a TON of seeds with those super expensive Mr. Nice SSH seeds.  You could have a lifetime supply of Super Silver Haze f2's.

3. I am not growing this male for the bud, just the seeds. I am wanting to know how long it takes a male to produce mature usable seeds once in flower. Same as a female or what?

I am 8 weeks in and my male has produce quite a few seeds and appears to be close to finishing but I don't wanna pick them too early.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 dekabos, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    Males don't grow seeds...

5. #5 BloodBooger, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    In my experience my males produce pollen weeks before my females....they will continue to produce pollen sacs for nearly a month and a half and by then one of your girls should be ready for him...then, it will take another 3 weeks before viable seeds are made....

6. ...and like the guy above said...you will have maybe a THOUSAND seeds if you really shake that guy over your girls...

7. Males do not make seeds, they release pollen that females use to make seeds. If all your females are done then all you can do now is save pollen to use later on a female plant.

Also this is the seasoned tokers section, there is another sub forum for newbie growers.

8. Listen to the Forum Police Dude...run along now...senority has spoken, lol

9. Anybody grows only seeds, like me, and if so, any method to the way you grow seeds?