Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing Seeds from the bag.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420 all year, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Hello People :wave:
    Im new to grass city and kinda new to smoking,Only been toking for 5 months on and off.

My basic question is,I want to start growing in my spare time,but before I buy seeds online.Is it possible to grow from the seeds I have left in my bag.
    I checked a guide and they look to be the perfect color and aren't dry or fragile.

2. Yea that's better then buying if you're just starting. Pick out a few, germinate them and start growing. Have you read the 420 grow guide?

Check it out.

3. I agree with Provin.
    Just grow with the plant, and let the plant grow with you.
    Once the plant starts to grow, just let it be.
    Just let the plant grow like it was normal.
    Just let it be.

4. ive been wondering about this, would that produce a very good plant or not?

5. now im thinking here, you don't see a lot of high quality fire weed growing in the wild. (well there is no weed in the wild, i think). I'd say that you need a set of particular skills to grow a good quality bud and just letting it be wouldn't be enough.

but you know, im just saying, i never grew anything before (only a monkey on tamagotchi) many years ago

6. I've seen weed growing wild in Iowa when i went to visit some family, but the quality wasn't good, had seeds.

When I first started growing I used this grow guide and it helped a lot.

Growing Stages of Marijuana | Grow Cannabis Indoors, Pot, Weed, Growth Stages.

7. Yes weed does grow in the wild. Nepal, Kush mt range Mexico, South America South Africia, Asia, Jamica etc. Yes its the chronic, that is how we get the Marijuana strains by wild growing pot and then they are crossed bred etc.

50/50% chance all bag seeds are some strain of Marijuana that was poorly grown. For example NYC diesel started has a bag strain and grew into the great strain we have today

IMHO your trying to run before you walk. Lets talk about the cost of growing first, it will cost min about $600 to start a nice grow. You need a place to grow an hps lamp or about 12 42watt CFL 2700k and 6500k bulbs. You will have to make/buy a cabinet or grow in your closet. You have to buy pots, soil or hydropontic system, a carbon filter, timers and meters. You have to veg for min 20 days then flower for min of 50 days. It takes a min of 70 days. You then have to harvest and cure for a min of 2 weeks. Then you cant tell any one lose lips sink ships. No one can come over and you cant grow in your parents house, its very hard to hide a grow from people living with you. Then if you do get the grow started there is a 50/50 chance the plant is a male and not a female and you have to start over again. I think you should do a lot of research before you start growing also know your laws in regards to cultivation. Also if you were going to grow outdoors you have to start in late April or early may and the plant is ready for harvest in late sept early Oct for Indica strains.

8. yeah like hatchplzhelp stated, I dont know if you want to be running before you walk... He has brought up a very good point. Theoretically, its a weed, it will grow just about anywhere, just needs water and soil... but considering it is illegal in most areas you have to consider that... It just seems kinda... not the best idea, I mean dont get me wrong, having a garden and harvesting from that rather than the store is much better, but I would strongly advise you to do your research first, play out different scenarios in your head.