Growing room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jon101010, Nov 7, 2010.

1. 16 by 16 with 10 foot ceiling.. thinking of using bucket system with soil. ak47 clones. 4 1000 watt bulbs. How many buckets should i use in this room for best results? What kind of yeild can i expect in this kind of space with proper growing

2. as many will fit...

dunno what a bucket with soil is... typically called a pot?

bigger the pot the bigger the plant...

ak's are a pretty tall plant... expect it to stretch

yield is determined by watts, more or less

1/2 a gram per watt per month of flower.... do some math...

3. That's a big op you're planning, and, respectfully, if you have to ask such basic questions then you aren't prepared to take on something this big. Start smaller, learn more, expand your op after you get more experience.

4. +1 ^

from the dungeon

5. +2. No matter how much you prepare, until you actually grow, you will not know exactly how handle some of the issues you encounter. And if you now have to fix an issue on a room full of plants, it can be a very daunting task.

I read my ass off for over 3 months, had one former grow experience years ago, had everything planned down to the finest detail. I then started my grow. From the experience I gained from that grow (I grew 2 plants, and yielded just under 7 oz) I look back and realize I knew nothing when I began it, even with all of my planning and reading.

From that grow alone, and the point I am at in my 2nd grow, i have gained so much knowledge now that if I ever wanted to go bigger I am so much more prepared to do so, and deal with issues.

Get a couple of smaller grows under your belt, you can still yield a good amount, while keeping it small enough to deal with what you encounter. Then your bigger grows will go smoother.

Good Luck. Peace. :smoke:

6. That is a serious room; I hope you are up for it. You could easily do 40-50 x 5 gallon buckets. Estimate 5-15 pounds.

Good Luck.

7. #7 blindbudsmoker, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010

for OP, murphy is never far when it comes to this game. and for the quote, 5 on first try would be very good, 15 is a not reality. 15 pounds off 4 thousand watts is not possible in any reasonable time frame.

also 16x16 is a stretch for 4k watts.