Growing questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ImmortalGropher, Jun 29, 2010.

1. So I've got a ton of bagseed over here, little money and out of weed. I'm interested in growing for myself, however I don't think it would be wise to have 5ft tall plants. So, you could say that I am interested in micro-growing.

I understand from reading around here it's all about the seed's genetics and such, but how much bud can one typical marijuana plant grow? So how much would a 10-15in plant yield?

If I am correct the height of the plant is determined by how long you let it stay in the veg state correct? (at least that's what I gather)

2. the weed you grow can be as good as you make it. 1 plant could give you as much as a pound or as little as a gram depending on a wide variety of conditions. i've gotten an close to an oz. from a single 10" auto. height is based on a plethora of things including genetics, lighting, nutrients, medium, temps, topping, LST, time, ect...

sorry to be so general but just having bagseed doesn't provide us with much to help answer your questions.

3. Well, I'm sorta being general myself lol. I would rather understand the general stuff better first. I mean it all sounds relatively simple. A couple lights, a spot that reflects light and also keeps it out at night.

I know I would plan to use soil. Doing it in my room would be preferred, just not sure where at.I know that I would want to do smaller grows, 10-20inch plants, maybe two-three max. I'd use CFLs for lighting.

4. So something like this? I pulled about 2 ounces from these 5 plants, and it was all frosty and delicious.

Attached Files:

5. auto's are some good, short (usually), and easy to grow plants for beginners. they grow pretty well under cfl's if you can pack em in there. should be close to an oz. a plant if you can get a clean (no problems) grow out of em.

6. Something EXACTLY like that :D.

I thought they couldn't grow in small pots like that though? I mean I know it's a plant and it can grow in whatever for the most part, but everyone in the grow section always uses huge pots so I wasn't sure if what I was thinking is possible.

Could you go into some detail about what you did and how many lights you have and such? :hello:

7. Sure, I used the area beneath an entertainment center. Lined the thing with IR insulation, and included about 200w in CFL lighting all about 23w to 27w bulbs. I used mostly day light bulbs because that's what I had around, and I wasn't very good about the lighting because I didn't use a timer. The plants are kandy kush x skunk clones that went straight in to flowering. They took 75 days from the day they were cloned to the day they were harvested. They are in 1 gallon containers with coco, I used AN sensi bloom, cal-mag plus, and liquid karma. I could have used less sensi bloom as I burned them a little bit.

With another 100w in CFL bulbs and less burn I might have been able to pull close to 3oz.

8. you can make its life cycle short(shorten veg state time) or u can do topping and training if u want..All of the details can work on later. Just got to make sure got correct lite and soil in the beginning. U can grow in smaller pots and the plant will be less tall as a result, but bigger pots are optimal.