Growing Question!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JrichDaEmperor, May 28, 2012.

1. tell me what im doing wrong or what should i do.....

i cut a 2-liter of soda bottle in half and filled it a 3rd of the way with miracle grow starting soil......

took 1 seed and placed it in the center and covered it with the soil...not too deep tho...

then i watered it and placed it next to my window for sunlight......

did i start out good or no lol?

2. No, youve got some serious reading to do if you want to succeed. Miracle grow is not recommended, and you need a non-transparent pot as light will damage/kill the roots. Window sill growing does not work either.

3. its the miracle grow seed starting potting mix bag........i have another seed planted in a regular pot outside....

what should i use to start my grow if u dnt mind me asking or point me to a cost efficient link that can help due to my low finances lol

4. Hey Emp!

Are you planning to grow inside or outside?

It's better to use a pot thats not seethrough as light fucks roots up, its like... the antichrist of roots.
    Get some ductape and cover the bottle if you don't have anything else to use.
    For your seedlings to get them started, they need heat &Water then light- So its best to put them under a few cfls in a warm place till there sprouted.
    After this you decide whether outdoor or indoor -
    Outdoor being you grow them outside using the ultimate grow light.
    Or indoor using man-made light.

5. right now i got them sitting by my window lol but i heard thats not efficient nor the right time to put them in sunlight anyway.....what im going to do is cover the base like u said and let it sit in my room until i see some progress.......
    i just started like today and thats what i have as of now......

so my final stage is to cover that base and put them under the cfls.....got that...

how often do i water them and do i have to cover the top to keep moisture in?

6. Start reading the stickies in the beginner section, theres a wealth of information there to get you started.

7. #7 808killahz, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    lol good luck with this one bro. first off, as shovablaster said, you may want to research a little more before taking the plunge. as far as soil is concerned miracle grow soil or fertilizer is not recomended at all. if you are going to spend money on soil, get some good soil not that crap. and it would have been better to germinate your seeds first before planting them. and do not use a clear cup. when its time to add nutes in, start with 1/4 or 1/2 stregnth and work up. you dont want to burn your babies. You only need to water a couple of times a week. however since your seedling are so small they dont drink as much water. best way to check is by looking at the soil. if it starts to get dry give it a little water.

Im in no way covering everything you should know so make sure you watch some videos or read some threads to gain some knowledge.

happy croppin. cheewhoo!

8. thx guys i think i got the whole starting out thing down packed...i will update you guys on a daily basis......it would be cool if i can contact someone tho......does anyone have a AIM account?