Growing Pot in Pots.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Play4801, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,
    Now this is my first time growing, and I dont know if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering can I grow the plants in a pot, and if so what is the littlest size I could use, I actully planned on using 5 gallon pots, I dont want to actully put it in the ground. I was thinking that the smaller pot I used the smaller the plant would be. And I was also woundering if I used alittle 5" pot would that give me miniture plants. Now you can tell that iam a beginner. i need help.

2. 1 Gallon per month is the general rule of thumb for indoors. If growing outdoors i would use as big as i could find and plant it in that container 10+ Gallons.

Good luck...:smoke:

3. i used 1 gallon pots, and they grew so far to 4ft each.

mind you they ended up self anchoring as the roots found the drainage holes....

roots will grow 3x as fast as the tops would, so take heed....

4. So i would be able to keep them in the 3 and the 5 gallon pots till its time to harvest

5. Sounds about right. 5 gallon buckets give the roots plenty of room to grow into full maturity, but if you want to start them in the 5 inchers and transplant them after 3-4 weeks into the five gallons so you only have to transplant once.

6. The smaller the pot you use the more you have to water them. That is the downside to small pots. 5gal isn't big enough for long periods of time between watering :smoke: