Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing Pains

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gL!t(h, Sep 24, 2014.

1. What up eWorld, name's gL!t(h. I'm fairly new to growing and I had a few queries regarding lights; more specifically which type of light is the best for germinating/vegging/flowering and why? I currently have an 18in 15watt t8 fluorescent light. It seems to be doing the job, but I've read that density and potency would be minimal. I'm not in Colorado so obviously discretion is a big concern of mine. As is pricing & the heat factor. 

I'm running an auto timer on 18/6, watering every other day, and talking to them occasionally for the carbon emissions. But I've already had 3 plants die on me. I suspect it has something to do with my paranoid ass roommate, but there's no way to tell for sure. I'm using a miracle grow solution as specified on the back of packaging. I'm open to any suggestions comments questions. 

Look forward to hearing back from y'all. ^^)

2. 15w is not nearly enough. Aim for 100w per plant or more. CFLs are alright for your first grow, but you should invest $200 in a 400w HPS and ballast if you want to get any serious yields. Every other day seems like a lot of water, wait for the leaves to droop a little before you water again. And don't use miracle grow, its not a good nute for cannabis. Buy Advanced Nutrients, Dyna-Gro or use generic tomato feed at half strength.