Growing Outside in Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by demo420, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Has anyone grown outside in MN? If so, when did you start them outside and how did they do?

EDIT: grown dank outdoors

2. Haven't grown there but I've come across grow journals and stuff from people there, can be done of course. Just look for your typical hardy strain that has mold resistance, etc, the usual.

I would imagine you would need to either put out clones in June or start from seed sometime in May if using seed only outdoors, or start seeds indoors.

3. Awesome thank you you've answered pretty much all my questions! I plan to start the seeds indoors:smoke:

4. Not from there but you might want to get a strain that buds earlier so you don't have to worry about rain/frost as much.

5. Definitely a good idea. I was thinking something along the lines of Reserva Privada's RKS, what do you guys think?

Reserva Privada R.K.S Feminized

6. I recommend BF LSD OR DNA ColeTrain

7. Just looked them both up and I totally see why, thanks for the advice man those will be on my list. You did mean Reserva Privada ColeTrain right, not DNA?:smoke:

8. #8 Corto Malteze, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    Start indoors to increase veg without worrying about frosts (feb-march-april) and take em out (may) if you're growing regular (semi auto seeds are harder to artificially veg (indoors) as they want to flower automatically hence the name). Make sure you give the same hours light/night indoors and outdoors when you put em out to avoid too early flowering.
    Or, if you can't start indoors, look into semi auto strains. These have a shorter veg period but aren't autos. Autos have 1 month veg period. Semi autos have 2 months about. If you use these type of crosses (and for others too), give them max sun from the start so they grow quickly into big plants. Don't leave them in small cups/pots/shady spot for long as they'll flower quickly (very low yield if they haven't grown enough in veg + soil not used). Semi autos need less soil and are usually grown several per hole/pot. They are usually non feminized too so it's better to grow 5 per hole to avoid at all costs a plantless hole.
    Here are some semi auos: (Female seeds Grapefruit). Also Kootenay seeds has semi autos. ALso Dr. Greenthumb has early stuff. Also Pm me for other early semi auto strains if you want. I think your season ends mid Sept about? When is your first frost? You can read my link under my sig for more details.