Growing outside for first time.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smokers, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Hey guys this season I will be growing for the first time outside and I have a few questions. I am gonna be using bagseeds to grow. I'm thinking of having like 5 plants. I have a good area to grow in with lots of sunlight and security. I mean, I'm sure there are many many factors but for 5 outdoor plants could I expect atleast a qp of smokeable bud? I'm not going to use any fancy soil or nutrients or anything, but i'm thinking the soil is plenty fertile. Do I need to check on my plants EVERYDAY? I mean if I can I was going to check on them every few weeks. I live in florida and I also need to know when would be the best time to plant and when to harvest. Also.. about the drying and curing process... I still live with my parents who allow me to smoke but are ABSOLUTELY not going to allow me to grow and dry plants.. I'm not looking to grow primo smoke (atleast not now :rolleyes:) but what would be the best easiest way to dry without them knowing... hopefully away from my house.

2. Come on!! Its been a whole day snd no replies!!??

3. I'm actually thinking of trying the same thing, and am also in the same situation. Although, I'm up in the cold northwest. I would say the best thing for you to do is get a few cfl's and get your seeds going in a closet or something, just big enough to get a good root system. Then plant them outside after a big rain, sometime in early April? depending on the temp. Unless you have some irrigation worked out, you're going to have to visit your plants at least every other day to water. Finding a good curing method shouldn't be too hard, just browse through the city. I dont think I'm going to be able to plant until late may, due to the cold night temps. I'll definitely tag along fe the ride though, see how It works out.

"People should not fear their government; the government should fear its people. "

4. i'm not an expert grower, but here's my 2 cents. how early you plant depends on your location's last frost. For example i'm in MI and you're in FL so you will be able to plant a lot sooner than me because it is a lot warmer in FL. Some people have already started to germinate their seeds and will keep them in a vege light schedule, so that by the time it warms up they are planting a relatively large bush, instead of a tiny seedling.

Harvesting depends on which strain you grow. After the longest day of the year (june 21??) the days start getting shorter, and the decreasing day light signals to the plant that winter is approaching causing it to start flowering. Most harvesting times range from september to october. Since you live in FL you will be able to flower your plant longer because it stays warmer later in the year compared to MI.

ps. i hear the the soil in FL is not very fertile so you may want to invest in some soil. and since it gets very hot there you may need to take a trip to your plants once a day to water if it doesn't rain.

5. Thanks for the reply. I am growing on a large recently dryed lakebed and I think the soil there is a lot more fertile.

6. Wow you have a lot to learn. I suggest you get a grow book and read up on growing. If you plant 5 seeds their are good chance that half or more will be males. Then if you want a qp you will need to amend the soil with nutrients and tend to every few days at most. As far as harvest you will need a dry secure area to manicure, dry and cure the weed. It is going to smell up the place while drying. Gonna be hard to hide it from you parent noses.