growing outdoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by danXn00b, Jun 2, 2008.

1. so how long does it take for your plant to reach its full growth. i have a my plant in a pot for a week now and little stems are coming up.

im growing in a pot outdoors, do you think this is still a good way to grow?

2. Middle/End of July the vegging stops for most people in the US, I dont where you live of course, then you got the "stretch" and flowering/budding and that lasts until either the plant finishes or you have to chop because of weather, mold, etc. Where I live, I can usually leave my plants go until middle to late October before I got to worry about the fungus or a frost if need be but I try to buy outdoor strains that will finish for me before the dank and damp cold weather starts(fungus breeding weather) in October.

It depends on strain is really the answer to your question but since you are new Im trying to give you some info here.

Basically outdoors you have depend on good ole mother nature, a lot of things are out of your control unlike an indoor grower.

Oh and if you got any more seeds, you might want to start a couple more now immediately, I think you said you have one plant right? You are gonna be upset if that one plant turns male on you, you wont get any herb to smoke buddy. It will be a good learning experience for you though either way.

Good Luck and dont be afraid to post in the outdoor forum, I was surprised to see an outdoor guy post in here, most of the outdoor beginners go straight into the outdoor forum and ask the same ole questions.

Read, Read, read!!! Use google, and the search feature on this site.

3. Didnt see that extra question.

Yeah growing in a pot outdoors is fine, you might want to transplant to a bigger pot though for it to get nice and big for ya. Give her lots of sunlight, anything over 4 hours of DIRECT sunlight is great and the more the better. Not sure what kind of pot you got it in now but a 5 gallon bucket with a few holes drilled in the bottom will work nice for ya. Go buy a cheap bag of regular potting soil with no added nutes in it(like Miracle grow soils with the nutes in it arent good). Miracle Grow does have a regular potting soil that is good, no nutes in it. Fill that bucket with it and grow on. Wal-mart has a plain soil called hyponex that would work too. Kellogg is a nice brand, I saw that at Lowe's recently.

Good Luck, hope Im not overwhelming you here with info, just trying to get the basics down for you.