Growing outdoors in Oregon. Strain suggestions??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jjrants, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Hey all. I just moved to Oregon, and was hoping to get some advice. I love hydro, but due to my living conditions, I can't do it right now (or for awhile for that matter). I wanted to give outdoor growing a shot next year, and I was wondering if I could get some input on Strains.
    I'm hoping to find something high yielding, good potency, and something that will do good with the weather conditions here. (mold resistant, etc.). It's definately a bit cooler than Cali, and i'm worried about things like bud rott, flowering times, etc.

Any input would be most appreciated!!
    Cheers.
    jj

2. look at these strains for a cold climate-

Nirvana seeds
    Early special
    Early misty
    Hindu Kush (says its an indoor strain but ive heard good things outdoors)
    New purple power

etc.
    etc.
    etc.

There are plenty of outdoor strains just look at the seed bank sites to figure them out.
    I suggest joining Unleashthegreen because then you can get the guerrilla gold genetics along with freeze-land crosses (The main strains grown in canada).

let me know if you have any questions...

3. Hey Coool. Appreciate the input!

I don't worry much as i've done indoor in the past. Outdoors is a bit new though, and I'm just worried about putting the work in, to have something like "bud rott" killing them, transplanting, etc.

We'll see, eh? Thank's again.

4. Bud rot can be avoided by using a 1/10th milk solution applied twice a week once night temps drop below 75F. Depending on you micro climate, you could grow any strain on earth.

5. The rain doesn't really start up here (in a big way) until late September/early October. Any early finishing, indica dominant strain will do the trick. Last year, I took down my NLxBlueberry in mid October, without bud rot problems. This year, I will be using Perma Frost, which is a NLxTrainwreck cross.

6. hydro definantly isnt worth it. just my opinion. i would suggest getting some skunk seeds. skunk is just so dank, plus its cheap.