Growing outdoors in alaska

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ElDust, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Well as I looked at the melting snow all over the place, it hit me that if I wanted to grow outdoors I would have to start relatively soon (but not that soon :D). I haven't done much "research" yet on growing outdoors, but I have grown indoors before. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew what strain would be the best for the Alaskan outdoors and around what month I should pant it.

2. I live in Anchorage, I still think its way to early, theres snow everywhere....and its only in the low 40s high 30s....that woukd kill a plant s fast, I think we need to wait until a while longer, maybe in June...but I think NL is pretty resistant

3. a hearty indica strain would be best, actualy check my "first try" thread, Speed queen would be excelent out doors up here .. wow, lots of us in alaska eh?

4. There are lots of good strains that will grow outdoors in AK. I'd plant indoors the first to middle of may and put them out side in early June. Of course that is dependent on where in AK you live the farther north the later its going to be before you can safely take them outdoors, but that midnight sun will grow them fast.

5. Yeah I know it's too early but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I haven't decided which strain yet, but I am going to go for a satvia from female seeds.

6. Try ICE, it has a realatively short flowering period and its MMMM delicious looking, and the smoke is exseptional to hear tell. Of course, right now doc is out of it. Strawberry cough looks good to. Just remember to pick a strain that has a realatively short flowering period or she'll freeze for sure.

P.S. while I don't live in AK, I have in the past been a guest of the military, did a stint of 2.5 yrs in fairbanks.

7. I am going to order ice from the doc as soon as he gets them listed. And how did you like fairbanks ("the armpit of alaska")??

8. if you change your mind about outside there's a great hydro shop in wasilla

9. I tried growing outdoors last summer, but I planted my seeds way to early and in a bad (too wet) spot. Early June is probably the best time to start. BTW does anybody know any shops in the Anchorage area that carry seeds?