Growing outdoors and "dankness"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 121, Mar 17, 2009.

1. This is probably a dumb question :)smoking:).

But, I'm a new grower, starting outdoors, and was curious

Does trichome (crystals) form during harvest/curing?

Is outdoor weed all reg weed or is it possible to make it very high quality?

2. The crystals grow on the plant and you can make high quality outdoor. Do research man!

3. Yeah the trichs form during the growth of the bud but you should cure the end product for better potency and finer smoke.

You can have VERY GOOD quality smoke from outdoor. I mean its REAL sunlight lol.

Its up to you how good it is, the more sunlight, the right soil, a good strain. Those are things you need to look at.

4. I would argue that the finest weed I've ever smoked has been grown outdoors. But I might be a little biased, since I am an outdoor grower myself. It's possible to get huge yields, enormous plants, and some very very good bud from outdoor MJ.

And yes, like everyone else said, the trichomes form on the plant as a natural part of the growth cycle, by looking at the trichomes you can tell when the bud is ready to harvest and what kind of high it will most likely give you.

When you harvest bud with hazy, milky colored trichs, it produces a strong head high. When the trichs turn amber a several days later, harvesting and smoking the bud will give you a body high and a heavy stoned feeling. I personally like to wait until the trichs are about 75% milky and 25% amber.

When you go to harvest your plant, some buds will mature faster than others, in my experience the top buds, or colas, mature fastest and it then progresses down the plant. Watch your colas closely, and harvest them when they're ready, then wait and watch closely for the rest of the bud to mature while it's still on the plant.

5. #5 cantharis, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    Outdoors in strong sun makes the best weed ever. Forget that BC rubbish, too far north. Mediterranean sunshine is the business.

6. As Champloo said, the main thing for "trichage" aka the "snow fairy" is the genetics. Most bagseed gives few trichomes. Use a jeweller's loupe 10x or 30x on a sample at home to know if trichomes are clear/milky or amber as FatherMatt said. But to finsih you need a stealthy, sunny spot and (easy) access to water.

7. The spanish sun is just so damn strong.