Growing Outdoor Lowryder 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Stickyickygrow2, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Hey guys I live in Maine and am interested in growing the strain lowryder 2 (about 10 plants) during the summer. I've done massive research and this seems the best fit, as it grows pretty fast and is able to withstand conditions. My dad has a ton of compost material and fertilizers and such but any specific ideas for producing the most bud possible? I have an area which gets very good sun, and I will be able to water it but what are some good fertilizers to use and when? Thanks

2. i dont know too much about autoflowers but last year i grew like 20 autoflowers outside and unless if they are getting direct sunlight all day the yield is pretty disappointing.

3. imo if you have a good spot to grow and plenty of time i would go with some photoperiod plants that finish up pretty early

4. Not to sound stupid but what's a photoperiod plant?

5. Also I am gonna be doing other things with my summer so I don't want to have a really long growing plant. My area gets light from like an hour after sunrise to sunset so it gets sun. What made the yield disappointing?

6. my plants looked like they were gonna turn out good but they ended up being real fluffy so i pretty much got an 1/8th from each autoflower. If you go to my thread in stash jar you can see some pics of the buds, and photoperiod just means that the plant will start to bud when the days get shorter unlike an autoflower which starts budding after a certain amount of time.

7. And im not saying not to grow autoflowers im just warning you so you're not expecting like an oz from each one.

8. Aight man thanks a bunch, are you looking to grow anything this coming summer? Also, recommend any strong cold resistant photo period strains?

9. np man, i just ordered these seeds yesterday. im growing all of them except the freebies outside next year.

Order Inventory:
    Product: Female Seeds Purple Maroc
    Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 04 Seeds
    Quantity: 1
    Product Code: FEM6132
    Price: $26.55

Product: Female Seeds Easy Sativa
    Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 04 Seeds
    Product Code: FEM7132/no du FEM0408
    Price: $26.55

Product: Pick and Mix Seeds Female Seeds Outdoor Semi-Automatic Grapefruit
    Options: Pick & Mix Seeds per pack - 01 Seeds
    Product Code: FEM7132/no du FEM0408
    Price: $7.80

Product: Nirvana Seeds PPP Feminized
    Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 05 Seeds
    Product Code: NIRH21/NSF538
    Price: $39.05

Product: Pick and Mix Seeds Nirvana Seeds Super Skunk Feminized
    Options: Pick & Mix Seeds per pack - 01 Seeds
    Product Code: NIRH21/NSF538
    Price: $9.36

Product: UFO#3 John Sinclair Seeds Sativa Trans-Love Feminized
    Product Code: FREE SEED
    Price: $0.00

Product: UFO#1 Dinafem Seeds Original Amnesia

Product: UFO#2 Dinafem Seeds White Widow

10. Word dude how are you planning to grow those? Maybe we can stay in touch so you can help me out cause this is gonna be my first grow. I'm thinking about ordering passion 1, skunk 1, sweet tooth, light of jah, northern lights, and
    Hindu kush. Im obviously not gonna grow them all but I'm trying to narrow it down. I'm probably going to start germination in early April and start my plants indoors so they can get a jumpstart and then transport them outdoors.

11. yea man definitely. i'm by no means a pro, ive only grown twice but i've done a lot of research on it. I try to keep it simple by starting the plants indoors for a couple weeks to a month, then transplant into holes i previously dug out and filled in with a mix of organic soil and a few other things. Then from there i just water and feed with organic nutrients and watch them take off.

12. Is it straight if I leave for a week or so and then come back? Cause
    I'm not gonna be at my house all summer I don't think

13. yea it should be alright, you just better hope for some rain while youre gone

14. I was thinking about using pots as my soil in Maine is shitty and then putting the pots in a large 1/2 foot high on the edges container so that way I can just put a lot of water into that and the plants can suck it up through the holes in the pot if they want. Each one of these containers would hold like 3 plants

15. yea you could probably do something like that, just make sure the roots have plenty of room to spread out. That seems to be a big factor on how big the plants will grow.