Growing Outdoor - Australia

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MarquisGemini, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Hey guys.

Im planning to do a crop this year, I am getting a mother to take clones very soon as I believe the time is coming to plant outdoors.

What sorts of fertilizers would I be after? I am under the impression I need-

Cow, sheep and bat shit, dolomite lime, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Didn't the aussie season just end? I thought you guys start when we end, and we start when yal end.

3. Most outdoor crops in Aus are being harvested now mate....mine included. Unless you live further North in NSW or QLD.

Truth is with our climate as we tend to not get frosts in most parts you can grow year round although your plants won't get very big.

On what to use, I know serious guerrilla growers up Nimbin way who just pour a bag of lime into their planting hole and mix it through then plant and never add any nutes as they don't need to. (The lime is because OZ soil is naturally low in P and K and the lw helps the PH balance)

I personally use a good potting mix or compost that I have built up and grow from seed in the same pot until flower. I use Miracle Grow soluble fert for veg and then miracle grow flower and bloom during flower and I honk I grow pretty decent plants.

A good friend is a serious grower up in Northern NSW and he passes on some of his best seeds and tips for growing, but I generally keep it pretty simple. As he says to me there is a lot of bullshit out there for supposedly getting huge crops etc, most of it is just that bullshit, he swears by tipping,(not topping or fimming) and minimal ferts. Believe me he has taken me to some of his grow sites and mate he has some beautiful bush buds growing, a few I have seen in excess of 16ft tall and ends up with a serious head punch bud when cured.

4. How do u tip plants? Can only find vids on topping

5. Topping is the name given to cutting the main stem at a certain internode to stop height growth......tipping is the same thing except you are pinching at every node where a new branch is growing, so yo will end up with two shoots in place of one.

6. Thanks for the reply mate,oh ok,yea iv got a couple this yr,iv topped them all just the one time but also tied them all down too,so where do you cut the stem and what happens after? Just cant figure out how cuttn the main stem to make it shorter wld increase yield,but you have me intrigued

7. Ok, I have been shown to do this just above the first node, so if a branch has started to come out and there are the first set of leaves showing on that branch.....when the leaves begin to fan out snip it, this will then make two branches begin to grow where once there was only one......when you top it gives you two main colas instead of just one and promotes the bushy growth of your branches, so now imagine you have topped your plant, then as described above, you are "topping" for want of a better term each branch to achieve the same result all over your plant..........sorry it's hard to describe without pics.....

8. Topping and tipping basically multiplies your bud sites by two, so in effect double the potential yield......

9. Nah i get what you mean,so you top then tip in a sense? Lol thanks mate,il plan on doing that this spring :)

10. Just one more question,on what node or height do u fist top your plants? And do you only do it the one time to achieve your 2 main colas? Just i wld think any more than that then the stem wldnt b able to support multible colas,then again i guess thats what stakes or bamboo is for

11. Wrote that wrong,i meant do u just top it once to get your two main colas n leave it at that

12. Top only if height of plant is an issue, topping alone in my opinion does not bring outstanding yields. If height is not an issue leave the main stem alone and do as you would to the top, to each branch that grows on your plant.

I don't top any plants until they have reached 7th set of true leaves.

13. Ok cool,thanks ausweed,appreciate it

14. You can top the plant anytime after the 4th node. The more you top the fuller the plant and more bud site you have. You can bend branches just prior to flower to allow light to penetrate canopy.

15. Yea dont have a prob with how to top,just had never heard how to tip,which as i understand it,is the same as topping,only you dont do it at the top cola,but rather the braches coming off your mainstrm

16. That's it best described.............