Growing Out Doors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Zooted_Hippie, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Hello! I'm new to this site and just planted a couple seeds, I have never grown before obviously. Will these seeds sprout from just the regular dirt in my backyard? Or will I have to purchase a fertilizer. Please let me know about my situation and or tips. (I'm sorry if this is the wrong section for this post )
    Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 leodicapario, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    depending on how rich the soil is in your area,,, my suggestion would be to get the dirt from a wash area where nothing is growing. maybe where there's alot of old leaves that have accumulated over the years,youre going to have to scoop a couple inches into the ground, sift the dirt into a wheel barrow, and throw all the big pieces of sticks and leaves back down. mix it with 3 parts soil to 1 part perlite i would do...

of course its never to late to invest in some pro-mix, or other reputable store bought soil mixes for seedlings.. either way you'll probobly end up having to feed it at some point. i'd go ahead and invest in some bottled nutrients...

hurrry up and get them planted if you want the yield to be any good. the sooner the better growing season is already 2 months in.

3. Yes it's getting kinda late for outdoor growing. If you live in Arizona, i'd buy fert soil from home depot. If you live in Colorado rocky mountain rainforest, your soil will be fine as is. Good luck.

4. Thank you sir

Much appreciated, and I don't live in either. I live in Connecticut