Growing options...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xavior, Sep 16, 2002.

1. I'm considering building a grow room within the next few months but I'm pretty worried about keep it on the down-low ;)

What options do people find work best? I live in suburbs, so outdoor is obviously out. Also - what options can help prevent me from getting caught :(

I'd like to keep costs (including all items except seeds) below $500, but I'll take suggestions on more expensive ways provided they really do make a difference.

Thanks

2. The best is option is to keep your mouth shut and not tell anyone what you are doing.

3. Well thats a given ;)
    But I guess I'm wondering a bit more about things like buying equipment and seeds being traced to me...

Ideally I'd like to grow the herb almost like a house-plant :D only not so people can see it. I really want to be able to pack the whole system up with relative ease (for visitors and such).

Does anyone know if its possible to just grow it without all the special lighting and rooms/ventilation? If anyone has done this before - is it just a lower yield with the same overall quality/THC concentration, or does it just not work?

4. First are you going soil or hydro.(That makes a big difference)
    If soil which i recomend you should build a small 3 1/2 foot wide by 5-6 feet tall shed. Then paint it and put the lights on the sides and top of the shed. When you water them make sure it is at night or when no one is around. If you live in a cold climate put 3 or for heat tapes around the inside. Also make sure that there is olny one electricty cord coming from the shed(That attracts peeking eyes). Try not wsing ferts. early in the germanition, but that is up to you. you should always have a back up place for all the plants if something goes wrong. Some where you can stach them if someone finds the crop.

Good luck with the plants man!