Growing newbie in need of a push in the right direction PLEASE :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jhebburn, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Hi all
    I have done hours of research on how to grow and decided the only way to figure out if I know enough is to do it myself.
    So far I have germinated my seeds in a propagation kit with little spongy cubes meant for coco. when they got around 2 inches tall and I transplanted them in to 6l aero pots with coco. I was watering each one 200ml per day with no nutrients added to my water. Now they are around 4 inches tall I introduced them to nutrient solution, wilt guard and reign a root. On the nutrient solution it says use 5-7ml. I am currently using 5 as they are fairly young and didn't want to over do it. On the wilt guard and reign a root it says use 1ml which I am using. I check the PH of the water and make sure that's around 5.5 - 6 and I still water them 200ml per day. My temperature in my grow room is 83.2F and my humidity is 60 using a CFL light with a extraction system. I also have a fan blowing on the plants with very slight movement.
    Anyway I was just wondering if I am doing everything right so far and what I need to do/lookout for in the future.

2. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Growing! :hello:

What fertilizers are you using and what is the NPK? Does it cover micronutrients?

With fertilizing plants, especially young ones, less is more. Don't overdo it.
    MJ is rather sensitive to high doses of fertilizer compared to many garden plants.

You seem to be doing good so far, got any pics? :hello:

EDIT: Also I personally suggest don't watering every day, it can risk starving the roots of oxygen if the water doesn't have enough dissolved oxygen. I let my plant's soil dry out before each watering.

3. Hi thanks for the reply. Im unsure of what the NPK is or what it does but on the bottle I use it says:
    N4.0 - P0.6 - K3.0
    Thanks for the advice maybe 200ml every 2 days? I will upload some pictures when they are a bit bigger theres not much to see yet :)

4. 200ml every 2 days?!?!?!?

what product are you using

5. Im growing Big Buddha Cheese in dutch coco using Canadian xpress nutrients like the ones in the link here Canadian Xpress Simple Hydro Growers Package 1ltr S/W - Canadian Xpress Nutrients - Progrow Hydroponics
    So far everything is looking good all the leaves are nice and green and they look healthy the only problem is the two very first leaves that come through (the curved ones that look nothing like cannabis leaves) are curved, I thought it might be wilting but then read up that they tend to fall off and its only the leaves after that matter, all the other leaves and stems look really nice and healthy though :)
    Thanks for the replys :)

6. are you using 200ml of nutrients.....or 200ml of water mixed with nutrients....i didnt understand that part

7. 200ml of water mixed with 5ml of nutrients per litre so yeh 200ml of water lol

8. oooo i thought you had said 200ml of nutrients....im like dammmm thats alot lol