Growing more bud leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gh0s7, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Hey guys and gals,
    I have recently started on a grow, I have two plants that are growing outdoors. I vegged them under a light for about a month and then transplanted outdoors. Everything seems to be goign alright except that my plant has now started to grow very tall but there are no leaves? I remember reading something about tying plants down to get more leaves or something? Does anyone have information on this? Thanks.

2. tying plants down is for more branches, not leaves... if you've got no leaves chances are an animal came by and munched on your plants...

3. Rofl, when i'm taking care of my babies, i have a smoke or two, and then i take a leak around my plants....fucking rabbits around here are worse than the mosquitos, believe it or not...animals don't like pee...

4. lol My bad. I have leaves and shit, just the plant grew elongated.. Will it eventually fillout or what?

5. no thats what they call a "leggy" plant. Basically the only chance you have of growing lower branches is LST (tying em down) and FIMMING (which you need to search, its basically stpping vertical growth and promoting bushiness.) Good Luck

6. Leggy plants almost always need more light.

7. yeah... it's pretty much directly associated with light. the plant stretches up higher looking for light. is it in a shady spot?

8. Yeah it is in a pretty shady spot now. I made the mistake of putting it in the woods, forgetting about the effects of the heavy tree cover when the trees bloom. How difficult is it to safely transplant an outdoor plant to another outdoor location? Also, I have alternating nodes on my plants, but I can not tell the sex?

9. There is another thread started by DevilDank where I added some pics to help in sexing.