Growing marijuana upside down?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wowee123, Mar 15, 2010.

1. So all of the sudden i got this great idea to grow weed upside down. That way you wouldn't worry about your buds being to heavy. LOL There would aslso be the problem on how grow it, you would prob have to use soil since hydro would be difficult. I was thinking of just reversing the pot and letting the plant grow from the bottom, then i would seal that and water from the top. :confused: Would that work? hahah :smoking:

2. Someone saw the same infomercial I did with the tomato's huh? you get 2 for the price of 1! I worried about mold on the buds from moisture being pulled down.

3. Gravity is being such a buzz kill right now, its slowly ruining this great idea.

4. Yeah, they have that thing for tomatoes called the Topsy Turvey. It's a hanging basket where you grow tomatoes upside down. I'm sure this would work for weed just fine, My only question is what would the benefits be?

If bud-rot/mold is a worry, just get a good fan blowing on it and it should take care of that problem.

5. Maybe a benefit could be is that the hottest air goes up, meaning you wouldnt have a problem with it being to hot at the top.

6. Or instead of having a reflector above your light, you could just have more plants hanging down... That might be a benefit that would increase yields. I've always thought that this might be a good idea, I just haven't yet figured out why!

7. There is another thread about this in another area of the forums.

Apparently this idea is discussed here once a month or so and the consensus is that it doesn't work because marijuana is not a vine.

8. yeah I found that thread shortly after I made this post. That makes perfect sense, but I would still like to hear about someone who as actually tried it just because you never know. I could definitely see it not working because cannabis is not vine-like.

I've always thought that MJ grows very similar to tomato plants, however, so I still think that without hands on knowledge it might be a viable idea. It's surprising how many different ways marijuana can thrive!