Growing Marijuana In Pennsylvania???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by c20h25n3oIsGood, Nov 4, 2007.

1. I was thinking of planting some outdoor bagseed this coming spring...although it is a long time away, I figured I would get a head start on any knowledge that I will need. Has anyone attempted this? And, I was also wondering if it is even possible if I plany my seeds early-mid April. Thanks to anyone who can give me any advice whatsoever.

2. can you grow inside for a bit to get a head start this spring?...there are several easie ways which can greatly improve / increase your productivity and enjoyment...depends on your situation though...i did same thing last spring and had very acceptable results however i will do things much differently this spring...it's easy...cheers.

3. Well, I was thinking about germinating them indoors, but sprouting them outside. How did you go about it?

4. inside would be a jump, but no one is going to be able to give you a great answer because when it comes down to it, its all about the weather. most outdoor grows start around may1st or earlier in april if weather suits them.

but yeah just read up and you will be all set, this place is full of knowledge!

5. well im also in the philly suburbs and did outdoor growing for the first time this year. i started my plants inside just on my windowsill for 4-6 weeks and put some outside in mid april and some more later when i was finally got around to not being lazy. all you have to watch for is when the weather starts warming up and it looks like the last frost of the year has come. i think the temps were still going down to about 45 at night around the time i first planted outside. im not sure if some newborn sprouts could survive those temps, but mine were about 8-12 inches by then and held up just fine.

also, if you live in any kind of place like i do there are a shit load of deer, among other animals, you have to worry about. i covered my plants with fishtanks while they were still small enough to help protect them from animals.

6. yea like mid march begining of april around in PA. maybe a lil earlier if you can start inside. i once saw a plant inside a pot about an inch high growing inside a block of ice and it survived all season and was harvested. so yu canstart earlier outside i guess, but mre thn likely they will die. An watch them deer hey are sons of bitches around where i live. piss around ur plants, or shave/cut your hair an put that out there.

7. sprout and begin growing indoors...if you can and want to do it right, you should identify sex before moving outside...then you won't waste time, energy and resources planting males:mad:...if you're ambitious you can be planting a dozen female clones this spring and your fall harvest will be greatly increased:cool:...it's really quite simple...cheers:).

8. what part of pa r u guys in it still frosts till earily may on the west side. id think at least mid-late may would be the time to put ones outside. however iv never grown outside before, i just used to work in a garden center and i kno i had to cover plants most nights to protect from frost untill earily may... and wat about light there really isnt more than 12 hrs untill earily may. so if u put them out in april did they start to show any kind of flower?

9. I have been growing in the 717 for about 6 years always start inside in march, top fem and lst them like crazy then put outside weekend before labor day, could go earlier but i have a nice indoor set up so i am happy with it.

10. I start my seeds indoors around Feb- mar and put mine outside come may 1. By this time they are two foot tall and you get a jump on the season. Read up on growing until spring. The more you can learn the better the garden will be. Get books and read them front to back. Once done read them over and over again. Ed Rothensal and Jorge Cervantes both write what's consider the grow bibles. Both are top notch and will teach you everything you need to know. I still use the books as reframe and to refresh my memory. Good luck next season. I would shot to grow purely organic. The bud turns out better than with bottled chemical nutrients. It is healthier and you can grow some monster this way just aske mike Trich, mjmama, Richard dean, sgtstank and others who grow this way. My biggest plants is about 10x10.

11. i know this is an old post buy just a heads up i wouldn't risk putting my crop out until late into may. if your friends with any old farmers they would be a useful resource farmers almanacs are great also. cheers and happy grows