growing Kush outdoors in ontario canada

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KanadianChronic, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Does anybody know how well any of the kush strains grow in souther ontario? Is a lb a plant unrealistic ? Any exp to share?

Thanks

2. Well if it's outdoors then you could expect a lb or more if you do it right.

As for the kush strain, Canada is known for there kush's.

3. yes BC is known for it but not so much Ontario. wayyyy different climate. BC has a way longer grow season than Onatrio

4. It's definantly possible, the longer the growing season, the bigger u can get your plant

5. In southern Ontario its always a race to finish flowering before the frost hits ( usually mid October) thats the problem. It sucks. You end up with leafy pre-mature shit usually.

6. If you don't use pots and dig a couple meters down and a couple meters wide and use canna nutes and rhizotonic (root advancer) I think you get more than a lb plus add dolomite it comes in powder and pellets if u get pellets crush them up and sprinkle 3 handfuls a hole. Also use perlite and vermiculite for drainage and aeration. Most of the stuff I said was said to me by Wardrobe so don't give me the credit! :D

7. Yes, it's possibles, but many variables involved.
    Many different *kushs* around for starters, so depends which one.

One other big thing, someone also mentioned, is how big you dig your holes, and what you pre fill with makes all the difference, there is lots of clay around, and plants get over watered easy, then stunt growth.

I recommend a dr greenthumb Iranian kush cross, they never fail.

8. Thats why I mentioned dolomite, I've been told if your growing in clay use dolomite.

9. My buddy grew a plant i think he got a least a qp (dry) from it but it couldve been more. He had to harvest early, but thats only because it was becoming to obvious.

Ontraio has fine weather for it though man. Hot humid summers. Fuck this past week couldve been bad though, the temp with humidty was getting close to 50. It was fucked, the warehouse i work in was like a sauna. I honestly think i lost weight just through sweating my balls off all week.

It might not be the MOST ideal climate. But its far from being un-ideal if you catch my drift...

10. ya i hear ya man for sure but its also not the greatest climate but i appreciate all the advice guys. Damn tho 1 meter hole x 500 plants thats like half a km of digging i gotta do next year lol

11. your growing 500 plants? Fuck that is a lot of watering, digging, nutes, trimming, and all that. Good luck and I hope it's not just you on your own lol. And for the digging hire a mini digger :)

12. Well i can irrigate it with simple garden hose and yes it is A LOT of digging. And i might have 1 person to help me out. All in All its going to cost me at least 20k. I figure 500 plants = 350 lbs ( minimum ) and if i sell for 1000$ a lb than thats 350k...so well worth the effort..

13. Good luck, pm me if u need a trimmer and I'll fly up there to help out, always wanted to go to Canada

14. I guess, I take it you have grown before. And hope for you nothing goes wrong.

15. #15 NiKoChE, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    Ontario has extremely good growing conditions, a pound a plant is easly acheivable. I have personally acheived yeilds as high as high as 2 lbs + in southern ontario. All you need is a big rubbermaid container.... th plant only needs time and room, start them in early next year... i like to veg indoor through april and then i plant maybe mid-late may outdoor.

You can get more than a pound from a some sort of kush.

YOU CAN ACHEIVE 8 pounds if you wanted.... its all about how u get er done... i love the 8 pounders... look like they can eat u up.

16. Hi,

I was just told that my two Kush plants might get me about 2 ounces per plant which doesn't seem like a lot. One of them is 5 feet tall and easily the same in width, very bushy and dark leaved.

The other plant which I am also told is a Kush is a little smaller at 4 feet tall and three feet in width. I still have about 8 weeks before harvest. I'm in southern Ontario. Here are the pics:

Big momma - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

Little Sister, august11th 2012 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

17. #17 Sassyfemme, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    UPDATE
    Here's a close up of one of my plants that I'm growing ( southern Ontario ). Looks like a Purple Kush.

Attached Files:

18. Looks like youre gonna get way more than 2 off those to me

19. Yeah, the person who told me this corrected themselves and said he meant one or two pounds. I'm thinking this; as long as I have plenty to get through till next summer, hey, I'm all good with whatever the quatity will be. :)