growing is easier than it sounds.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AleR, May 12, 2013.

1. So this is to the beginners and I would like to let you know don't let those complex tutorials fool you. Don't think to have a good grow you must invest hundreds of dollars.
    So here's why...
    After my first grow I challenged my mom to a, "grow off"
    We both used no nutes.

So my environment/technique: small closet,
    4 60 Watt light bulbs, 1 FEM seed,
    18hr light 4hr dark, water every day, tiny fan, during flowering 12hr light 6hr dark.

GROWING: Had tons of problems while growing plants would go good then bad and then good again.

My results: 45cm, 2.5 oz.

My mom's environment/technique: living room, glass door, big window, plant is next to the big window sitting on a table, 1 FEM seed, lighting is random, watered about every 4 days, moved plant away from window every other day for flowering.

Growing:smooth no little to no problems little yellowing.

Results: 63cm, 5.5oz

Like my teachers have always told me, "don't make something harder than it needs to be" I think all of these complex grows are for bigger yields or if you're growing lots of plants. But if you're growing for personal use grow 1-2 in an open enviorment and not an enclosed one. My mother invested very little money just about $12. So happy growing beginners take it easy.

2. U had tons of problems because u watered every day .

ur mom had problems with yellowing because she had way more buds then u and the bud sites were using up all the energy it could find in the leaves because she didnt use nutrients .

Just a bit of advice for the next go . :D

overall great job :)

3. Hmmm...no nutes, 5.5 from one plant, light source = a window, flowered by moving it away from the window...

I'm calling bullshit.

P.S. What planet do you live on that has only a 22 hour day?

4. Hahah toasty good point. Yeah 5.5oz from a windowsill with no nutes... Pics or it never happened. Don't fib bad advice to people who actually want to learn the science behind growing

5. #5 tk86high, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    U guys talk a lot of stuff before knowing anything further huh?

U guys ever think maybe it was a wet weight with sticks ?

Amazed how many people just go and insult somebody without knowing the full info .

I do agree though its very far fetched but in my life time I've noticed anything is possible .

6. New growers don't listen to this, nine times out of ten your going to fail with this method. Spend abut of cash and learn abit of know how and nine times out of ten you'll succeed with a good harvest.

7. #7 baumeister, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    you can not get a decent yield on a windowsill. 5.5 grams I believe, but not ounces.

btw you mentioned "60w bulbs" - do you mean incandescents? because those definitly no not work either.

other than this here being bullshit, indeed growing weed can be super easy, much easier than described here.
    just do it outdoors with organic soil - if you plant in pots all you gotta do is water, if you plant in the ground depending on your spot you may not veen need to do that.
    for photoperiodic plants harvest is in the fall (choose straisn that will finish early enough for your climate) and for autos harvest will be 2 1/2- 3 1/2 months after planting, depending on the strain.

8. Pictures and a journal or it didn't happen.