Growing in the northeast

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Robertt789, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Hello everyone! This year is gonna be my first time growing outdoors in the lovely northeast. Now from what I’ve read online everyone says go back and check your plants about every week. But I’ve also had many of my friends who are also growers, tell me to put your germinated seeds in the ground and don’t come back till late September early October. I was just wondering as my first year growing if I should go back every week or find my location and put them in and leave them. Thanks y’all for responding

• Like Like x 1
  2. Any help will be appreciated!!!

3. The problem with going back every week is that You'll probably leave a trail
    that someone will follow to your plants. It's a good way to get ripped off.

Also cops may find your trail and follow it to your plants and cut them down.
    If they leave a camera there, they'll have a picture of you too. Bad news.

If You're doing a guerilla Grow, just leave them to nature until late in the season.

4. Now say I do leave them an only go back maybe once or twice would the potency of the bud still be just as good if I watered them every week or would the potency be shitty

5. #5 DrDizzle, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Your potency is going to be determined by your soil's nutrient abundance, composition, biological homeostasis, amount of direct sunlight, and readily available water! Removal of major fan and shade leaves at around week 8-10 will do wonders for density and structure, but potency kinda is what it is when first time guerilla ground growing!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. See the problem is the state I’m in it’s illegal to grow Mj, I would love to be able to go back to my plants and trim them and maintain them. But the only problem is I don’t wanna get caught growing, Yes I have a remote spot and I don’t think anyone will see me growing I’m just worried overall. So I think I will just germinate my seeds wait till they get 3-4 inches tall and put them in the ground and just wait till the end of September early October to go back and harvest.

7. If possible, grow indoors if your state is illegal.
    Better control of who sees your plants.

8. Sadly it’s illegal In my state and no it’s not possible to grow indoors. I think I will be fine because the spot I have chosen no one will stumble upon it, I’m just worried about police helicopter but like I said earlier I think I will be fine.

9. #9 DrDizzle, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Marijuana is one of the most voracious, and adaptable plants on the planet. In a well hydrated and nutrient rich spot Mother Nature can do the heavy lifting while natural biological forces maintain homeostasis the way evolution intended. Growing outside is a snowball effect, and getting a mature seedling or clone in the ground the last week of May should catch the natural flow and allow it to grow large enough to create immunity and defenses in the wild!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. You have to periodically check plants. If you plant 'em and leave 'em, I guarantee you'll never find your undersized, malnourished plants come September. They'll have been eaten, died from lack of water, or blocked out by other competing native plants long before.
    Any one tells you any different, doesn't know what they're talking about.

• Like Like x 2
  11. How often would you recommend going back and checking them then?

12. EVERYDAY. There ur babys ow
    Rain or shine. Broken legs or disabled What ever it takes. How bad do you want the goodies..

13. Imo you need to make sure your soil is adequate. Look at the existing vegetation. Is it spindly, or thinly spread? If so the soil biology is likely not what you want. Also be warned about animals such as deer and rabbits as they have a stoner side as well. Look for soil at your spot that has lush natural vegetation and check a small portion of the top layer it should show a good humas layer as well. Once you find that you should have a solid chance at growing decent bud with hopefully little care needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thank you for responding but the spot I plan on planting in has quite a bit of undergrowth. I’ve already checked the soil it is more on the clay side but still drains well and it is nice and airy if that’s the word I’m looking for. I planned on starting my 5 or 6 babies in the super soil I made wait till there about a foot high and then transplanting them to there final destination. Deer and rabbits arent much of a concern just worried about the Five-O but I think I should be alright but I’m still wondering if I should go back every 2-3 weeks do some basic maintaining of the plant water if need be but I will keep reading and see what transpires come April , May

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Deleted member 1038212, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018
    You have to regularly water and fertilize as needed, in order for a plant to have a chance to reach it's maximum potential.
    If you grow in river bottoms with a lot of moist, deciduous vegetation, slugs can really do a lot of devastation overnight, during the moist late Spring period. They're like cannabis piranhas! Try to avoid planting next to old decaying logs or areas with lots of tall native grasses. They like those habitats. As I've learned through painful experience. More than once.
    I'd imagine you're going to prepare individual grow sites? Amending the native soil ahead of time - you should be doing that now - with introduced organics? The growth pattern of the area's native plants are irrelevant, if that's the case.
    You'll have to use your own common sense when it comes to personal subterfuge.

16. Slugs are easy to handle from my experience. I simply placed a flat spiral made of solid bare copper wire and placed it flat on the ground with my plant stalk in the middle. The copper messes with them pretty bad. By making a spiral they have to cross too many layers to get to the plant. Only had one plant get destroyed before I quickly acted and never seen them again.

17. Got a picture of that great idea bro

18. It looks like this. I used stripped romex cable for mine and made it like 6" across. Then just lay it right on top of the soil with your stalk right in the middle. You can open the spirals up enough to coil it on your plant like you thread a key on to a key ring. Spiral-Twisting-Wire-Copper-Metallic-Coil-Free-Ima-9464.jpg

19. Thats a cool idea bro mean!

20. I've used that copper tape to good effect. But it's spendy and only usable once. I'd use two strips joined together length wise. Then join them end to end, encircling in a six inch diameter, with little twigs stuck vertically inside the circle for support. The copper ring I could see the possibility. I'd thought about using stripped copper wire before, but I think I nixed it because of the expense of buying a roll. Couldn't find it cut to length.

I've also toyed with using cut lengths of thorny native plant stems ( devils club, salmon berry ) used in the way of the copper tape. Results have been mixed.