Growing in the FAR North

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AlpineSasquatch, Feb 18, 2010.

1. So I'm looking for a strain for the great outdoors but cooler temperatures and long days, at solstice literally 24 hours, are definite factors here. As I understand it this much light can make plants go really stringy. We also have fairly short summers here so I'm figuring on starting and finishing my plants inside under lights.

I do have some experience with indoor growing and for the sake of consistency I was figuring on a clear plastic greenhouse. I know some folks who use the harsher conditions to stress indicas with good results but I'd like something name brand, more for the sake of amusing myself than necessity. Figuring on trimming my plants to keep them short and bushy.

If possible I was hoping for something like blackjack or blueberry if anyone thinks these might survive, sativa highs are hard to come by here but it is what it is. :smoking:

Temps in the day time range in the 60's or 70's here and as low as the 40's at night and I'll be around to care for my plants so TLC isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Sasquatch

2. grow an autoflower. AK X LR2 seems to be all the rage right now.