Growing in some woods close to my house?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cameronfield, Jan 1, 2010.

1. So I still live at home, and there's really no way I could grow in my house (wouldn't wanna put my parents at risk anyways). But there's a park/wooded area pretty close to my house, and I was wondering if it would be worth it to try to grow a plant there. I'm brand new to all this and kinda wanted to just experience it and see what its like. Hiding the plant wouldn't be a problem, and I would use bag seeds/sun light.

What are the biggest problems with a grow like this? I searched around and couldn't find a lot of info on outdoor grows like this one.

Few more questions:

1) How often would I need to water it?

2) How does Texas weather in winter (mildly cold) affect an outdoor grow?

3) Any specific tips for an outdoor grow in the wild?

Thanks guys!

2. Depending where you are in Texas is going to matter significantly. As I'm sure you know, Texas has weird weather, and I hate to see a plant die to a freak cold.

3. I'm pretty close to Houston if that helps. I think I might just do an indoor grow at a friend's house lol. Would that be better for a first grow?

4. Trust me, don't grow if you're not in -complete- control of your grow and where it's at. I made that mistake.

5. If this helps any...we had a beautiful scrog going which went hermie and she/he/it is out of here. We discussed in detail last night going gorilla grow with it instead of the kill. Checking the Houston weather it is in the 50's on average through March with January being the coldest month of the year by historical info. If you can wait until March to plant outside then you should be good but to plant right now is just not even worth the risk in our opinion. Hope this helps ya! :wave:

6. I found the bubble bucket thread, really cool stuff. How much better would a bubble bucket grow be than just a normal ceramic pot with normal watering?

I'm reading through the indoor growing section, good stuff...is there a main indoor growing guide? Only one I found was bubble bucket one...but that's not really a growing guide.

7. Read the stickies and they should give you what you are looking for.

8. MJ dies in the winter. It's not just temps, it's also the amount of sunlight -- duration, intensity, and spectrum.

9. ok first off iyoud prolly wanna digg trnches around it to gather as much rain water as necessary and id say go out and check on it every 2 weeks or so. dont let anyone see you and this is critical u dont want anyone knowing what you doing ya know. uhmmm ud prolly wanna start growing them outside in june if u wan it pretty big but early july if u dont want them that big. go to walmart or something and get fertalizer sticks to put in the soil b4 u plant about 10 should do. and go for 10-10-10 fert sticks. make sure your goodies are well hidden like behind bigger plants and stuff and make sure it can get plenty of light. i supose this is all the info i can give you and ud prolly be looking at picking in oct-nov depending on the seed.

10. I'm growing in a field by my house 2 brotha.

I just scanned the area, an hour ago at 1 Am.

I'm only visiting the site late at night as well.

Just bring an LED flashlight there amazing.

11. Maybe up north starting in June/july might be the thing but this is Texas...Feb/March and you should be good to go. That Texas heat will require some excellent root growth to support her through it.

12. yea but i feel that you should never let a plant grow for more than 6 months.

13. some plants are vegged over a year...

14. Really, why is that? Other than size constraints, I am unclear of a reason to keep a grow, especially outside, less than six months.

15. just cuz of the time spent. dont want to wait more then 6 months for a crop. and plus i just think anything more then 6 months would be overkill