Growing in rainy climate.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by FaroutMind69, Mar 24, 2020.

1. I'm new to growing in a fairly rainy, very humid climate during the summer. Am I wasting my time completely outdoors? I'm only concerned for the very high probability of mold, and not having adequate means of dealing with it. Please someone with experience feel free to educate me!!!!

Sent from my A577VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It's an issue but it can be done. A tropical Sativa is what I would recommend. You could also grow something like Holland's Hope. You will have to learn as you go as far as mold is concerned. There are some things you can do to mitigate the problem other than strain choice of course.

Plant out in pots and then bring them in when it rains
    I have placed fans outdoors before
    Look up videos and articles about training and pruning your plants, get as many bud sites as possible which allows you to open up space increasing airflow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm brainstorming and think I could I plant next to a metal fence post, then put canopy around the plant? Similar to a teepee? I would have the main stalk supported and tied to the post. The colas brought up towards the center resembling a bouquet, loosely tied, and cover with something lightweight rainproof tent material?

Sent from my A577VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It's an alright plan. It's better to bring the plants in if possible, out of the humid air, especially during the last month or so. The tarp idea is better than nothing but there will still be some mold just from all that moisture in the air.

Like I wrote before, you can still have a successful grow. You know what the enemy is and because you are new to this you will have to accept that there will be some failure at first. After you find what works it will likely continue to work. Try some of the tips I gave you, strain choice, use proper defoliation and training practices, if possible bring in at night (or tarp in rain). Also, whatever you were planning on growing, grow more. Plan for initial failure, so by growing more you increase your range of having some success.

5. I've grown in a many rainy place

if in the ground create a breeze way so the wind dries the plants quick

apply neem oil 1x per week thru out the grow

pick the 'right' time to harvest

good luck

6. agreed, but don't like neem during flower. Can't get that stuff off.

7. Neem during flower a no go. Switch to green cure

I second the tropical sativa, you’ll be surprised with your yield :)